Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avalanche hits Gaza village and other incidents

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone who reads the current bun must have seen this story about an "avalanche" hitting a village in the Gaza strip with tragic consequences

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007140291,00.html

not sure the debris is skiable.

There was an accident in one of the French ports recently when a powder avalanche of coal dust that was being unloaded killed two dock workers. I also remember Tate and Lyle workers triggering a sugar avalanche when skiing the white stuff.

okay none of this involves snow so is a bit off-piste
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't see the joke. Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bh1 wrote:

not sure what you mean?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
davidof,

in poor taste if it is a joke, and if it isn't I don't see what you mean
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davidof wrote:
bh1 wrote:

not sure what you mean?

Are you being facetious?

davidof wrote:

not sure the debris is skiable.

I also remember Tate and Lyle workers triggering a sugar avalanche when skiing the white stuff.

okay none of this involves snow so is a bit off-piste

Not off-piste - try poor taste.

I know that you make a living out of avalanche reporting so I guess it's the more the merrier ?.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A classic case of 'publish and be damned'.

Publish and be damned.

My impression is that davidof had something interesting for lunch, not necessarily including Tate & Lyle.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx wrote:
davidof,

in poor taste if it is a joke, and if it isn't I don't see what you mean

I don't see any joke. I thought it was of some interest the other natural avalanche hazards that people face... although the Gaza accident would be more equivalent to a mudslide. The dockers incident was a proper avalanche, they were unloading coal dust from a boat which had been piled too high when it slide. The powder is extremely toxic - although even non-toxic snow can get into airways.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What about the sugar avalanche? I'd understood that it happened at Demerara (can't remember the date or the slope) and that it involved brown stuff rather than white stuff.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 28-03-07 14:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
davidof,

Your post just seemed rather light-hearted - I get it now, thanks
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
holidayloverxx wrote:
davidof,

Your post just seemed rather light-hearted - I get it now, thanks

I'm sorry if anyone was thinking that I was making light of the death of 3 people and the injury of 15 others. It is a strange accident but in the alps there are similar risks from lakes formed by retreating glaciers.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David Goldsmith wrote:
What about the sugar avalanche? I'd understood that it happened at Demerara (can't remember the date or the slope) and that it involved brown stuff rather than white stuff.

I thought it was in a warehouse in New Zealand ? Unlike the dock workers it seems that in that case the workers were fooling around (ie skiing) on the stockpile although maybe management said that to get out of some health and safety claims?

I see there is quite a bit of dune skiing going on and I wonder if that presents similar risks. When I was at school a classmate was killed when a slope in sandpit collapsed although they had been digging in the pit.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Don't let these people loose on the EU butter mountain.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
davidof wrote:

I thought it was in a warehouse in New Zealand ?

This could add up. Is Demerara in New Zealand?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy