Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

missing the madding crowds (to Les Arcs)

Poster: A snowHead
My first post on here though impressed by all the useful info. passed on by fellow snowheads. I need some help in timing our drive up to Les Arcs on this saturday (31st March). We are driving down on Friday afternoon to stay just on the Chambery side of Lyon (not far from the airport). What I want to know is what time is it neccessary to start the drive up on Saturday morning to avoid those horrendous jams which can happen on busy Saturdays? Will 7 a.m. do it or is that not early enough or can we leave it later? We want to get to 1950 to be on the slopes by late morning.

Your thoughts would be gratefully appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
peakflow, welcome to snowHeads! I've not found the Saturday traffic up the Tarentaise valley gets too bad until mid-morning at the earliest. If you leave Lyon at 7am I think you'll miss just about all of the transfer traffic heading for the resorts.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
peakflow, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead The advice is to drive up as early as you can, will your accommodation let you in early or at least provide a room in which to change/leave your. Rob@rar is skiing Les Arcs at the mo I'm sure he will be more specific regarding times., Beat me to it Rob Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
boredsurfin, beat yah! Wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
peakflow,
Welcome to snowHead

Most of the traffic should be leaving resort in the morning so you should be able to do the drive in about 2 hours IMO.

Enjoy your holiday Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
If it does happen to be horrendous traffic think of leaving the car at the Funicular in BSM - getting a days skiing in and then getting the car later on at night - at least you don't lose too much skiing espcially on Saturday which is the best day on the slopes
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm impressed, just go off and have a cup of coffee and I have 5 replies. Looks like 7 a.m. will definitely be OK, what's the very latest do you reckon? PS- no problem getting changed etc, that's all sorted
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
peakflow, I wouldn't tempt fate by going after lunch Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
peakflow, If you want to be on the slopes by late morning, I wouldn't leave later then 8 am
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
peakflow, I'd guess about 2hr30 to get up to Arc 1950 assuming no significant traffic, so if you left at 8am you'd be skiing by 11am at the latest.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can I be nosy and ask which accommodation you're staying in? We've just got back from 1950 and absolutely loved it. No useful info on transfer times, unfortunately, because I did it Thurs-Sun.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Great stuff. Decision made- 7.30 am it will be. Hopefully some fresh snow by the looks of things as well!

Many thanks for your informed replies
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Clara jo- Hameau du Glacier. Good to hear you liked it
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That's the one Very Happy Very impressed by the accommodation on the whole.

There are only one or two things I would pass on to others staying there, to save time/hassle: the lifts are very temperamental. Apart from arrival/departure we ended up taking the stairs most of the time once we realised this.
The ski locker room is boiling.
The hot tubs may or may not be hot. Our group was lucky on 4 out of 6 nights. One tub went as low as 32 deg. while we were there Sad It seems to depend on how many people have pressed the buttons to activate the air jets (and suck in cold air at -17!) before you. But the swimming pool, sauna and steam room were great Smile

Other than that, we really couldn't fault it, and will definitely be going again. And even though I have only just got back, I am very envious of you snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just leave as early as poss there were queues up from Albertville as early as 8 am on the half term sats
snow report
Quote:

there were queues up from Albertville as early as 8 am on the half term sats

Easter is generally nothing like as busy as half term.
latest report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

there were queues up from Albertville as early as 8 am on the half term sats

Easter is generally nothing like as busy as half term.

Glad to hear it - I will not be hitting Albertville on Saturday until about 4pm - I had hoped that Easter traffic would be nowhere near as bad as half term.

5 sleeps to go ( well 4.5 as Friday night will be a short one ) snowHead
snow report
CP, Coming back from Peisey Vallandry on Saturday, we left just befor 3pm last Saturday, & I hate to tell you this, but there were queues on the opposite side of the road at Albertville at 3.45. Why not stop for a decent lunch en route & aim to hit the resort an hour or two later wink
snow conditions
The AxsMob will be arriving at Les Arcs sometime around 4.00 pm (hopefully) on Saturday, looks like there will be a few snowHead 's around for the Easter week Very Happy snowHead Weather forecast looking good - SNOW!!! Laughing
ski holidays
AxsMan wrote:
The AxsMob will be arriving at Les Arcs sometime around 4.00 pm (hopefully) on Saturday, looks like there will be a few snowHead 's around for the Easter week Very Happy snowHead

What you need is a Les Axs meet-up thread in snowEvents then Very Happy
snow conditions
geri wrote:
CP, Coming back from Peisey Vallandry on Saturday, we left just befor 3pm last Saturday, & I hate to tell you this, but there were queues on the opposite side of the road at Albertville at 3.45. Why not stop for a decent lunch en route & aim to hit the resort an hour or two later wink

Tilt!! I will not be leaving Calais until 9:15am or so, I will not be at Albertville as early as I indicated unless the old 307 sprouts wings.
latest report
AxsMan wrote:
The AxsMob will be arriving at Les Arcs sometime around 4.00 pm (hopefully) on Saturday, looks like there will be a few snowHead 's around for the Easter week Very Happy snowHead Weather forecast looking good - SNOW!!! Laughing

Oh yes!! bring on the snow, where are you staying? We are right in the outpost of Villaroger. Do you guys have snowHead stickers?

SP and I have them on the back of our helmets and I have one on the back of my left ski. So keep a look out in the lift queues.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy