Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another footbed/insole question...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If you have footbeds/insoles fitted, does this reduce the space inside the boot? It is my understanding that the footbed/insoles lifts your foot up in the middle, stabilises it, thus drawing your toes back slightly from the front of the boot.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jb1970,

interesting question - I've been trying to get my head round this throughout the recent threads. No doubt SZK and CEM will come back with some technical answer, David Goldsmith will rubbish it, but it'll be enlightening nevertheless!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holidayloverxx, Then the whole thread will be "hijacked" - that is why I make so many postings about the same thing because when someone starts a posting, so many people get involved and the real reason behind the posting is lost.

Too many cooks and all that... or even worse...too many cooks not following the same recipe...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jb1970, IMHO the footbed does not lift your foot up, but supports the foot bed in all the right places.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jb1970, Obviously the insole reduces space. All the space underneath your foot is gone. It should not lift your foot. It is a mold of your foot. So all it should do is support your foot - not lift it.

I do not know the answer to whether it draws your toes back. I suspect it just stops your foot flattening. Therefore it may prevent toes pushing against the front of the boot.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have custom footbeds - they replaces the original footbed that the boot comes with and follow the contours of the underside of my feet as they are when standing in a "neutral" position, ie my feet are not artificially pushed into position, but rather held in the best position they can assume - does that make sense? I don't think reduce the space nor do I think my toes are in different place. My reason for having them is that following a serious break/dislocation (NO NOT skiing!) some years ago, my left ankle rolls inwards and my knee when bent is about 6" away from being directly over my foot. WIth the footbeds, it's straight - magic!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jb1970, As a very new snowhead I hesitate to join in but like NewSkier, I got custom footbeds after an ankle break (trampoline not skiing) - they do not reduce the space inside your boot as you take out the original insole. I find that my feet are more relaxed, if that's possible, because there is no possibility that your toes can touch the front, nor can you scrunch your toes up as the footbed keeps them flat. IMHO they give me the possibility of skiing better and I need all the help I can get! Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
smwbounce,

Welcome to snowHead

Please don't hesitate to join in. jb1970, makes a good point about hi-jacked threads but this is a valid contribution.

Embarassed Have I just hi-jacked? Don't answer that, otherwise it will be well and truly shot.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Since buying my new boots last Thursday, I have pains in my feet (bottom of toes, arches) and pains in my legs (the pains in my legs I think could possibly be coming from my feet). I am now seriously considering footbeds.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Where did you get the boots? Footbeds may be the answer; I'd go back to the shop and would expect them to offer advice as to why they are causing pain and to try to resolve the problem with you.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy