Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR: Glencoe - 22/3/07

brian
brian
Last season I got round 4/5 of the Scottish centres, the exception being Glencoe. So when balernoStu suggested a day trip, I was well up for it.

Overnight snow had given way to rain and then cleared to allow a bit of a refreeze. By the time we got up on the hill it was just softening nicely to leave a surface of the most perfect spring snow you're likely to find, with just the odd patch of horrible heavy stuff where the new snow had drifted. Light winds and broken cloud made for a beautiful spring day.

The cover on most of the upper runs is wide and deep, the Main Basin, Happy Valley, the Spring Run and the Flypaper should be offering good skiing for a few weeks yet. Lower down, the Wall and the Canyon are just about skiable with a bit of heather hopping and a little walk out to the Cliffhanger chair.

In the old days, you had to walk from the Access chair to the Cliffhanger. These days punters are clearly too soft, so they provide a taxi service !

Looking up Meall a Bhuiridh, Flypaper is far left, then Spring Run, Main Basin and Happy Valley are to the right of the top tows.

balernoStu ripping up the Spring Run.

Rog giving it some serious tele action.

Pistey and the Buachaille.

Looking over to Ben Nevis.

Over Rannoch Moor, Ben More and Stob Binnein in the distance.

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How did you find the skiing there Brian?

Glencoe is my favourite area to ski in Scotland, nice varied terrain, and not normally that busy!

Cheers,

greg
snow report
 brian
brian
kitenski, excellent. I've had some classic days up at Glencoe but hadn't been for a few years. In the 90s I kind of got into the habit of going to Nevis in the west or Glenshee in the east. Since the new owners took over a couple of years ago, they've spent quite a bit of money on the place. Nice new base station, new cafe at the top of the access chair and a big deck on the one at the bottom of the cliffy.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ah yes, the Plateau Chateau!

Glencoe is such a special place. The future of Scottish skiing is by no means certain, so don't miss the opportunity. That photo of Rannoch Moor gives a taste of the panorama. I hope the new facilities help bring in enough revenue for the new owners.

Thanks a lot for the report, brian. Really glad you made it. I was last up there for a friend's 50th birthday, when he took over the King's Head Hotel for the evening.

If you're going up there, don't miss an adventure to the end of the Glen Etive road - the most beautiful in Scotland?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
brian,

Great pics. Looks like I was a few days too early. When I drove through Glencoe on Monday it was a complte blizzard. Will post a pic later.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Glencoe on Monday

snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nevis on Monday during a 10 minute break from the snow!!

snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Is there any hope for snowmaking in Scotland Puzzled
snow report
 brian
brian
boredsurfin, yes, with modern systems I think it could potentially make quite a difference. There is limited snowmaking at the Lecht and Glenshee, enough to cover a few beginners runs.

I believe Cairngorm and Nevis are both doing feasibility studies at the moment. Doesn't come cheap though I don't think Confused
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spent a hell of a lot of time at all the scottish resorts, mostly glenshee though. i remember going up the chairlift from thbe carpark at glencoe and always being damn cold. had some very happy times north of the border
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Going up for the day on Monday, would you suggest nevis or glencoe?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ollski,
You'll have a blast at either as the forcast is for sun Very Happy
Both have snow on the top half and not much lower down so I guess it depends on what you want.
Nevis has greeny blue runs up top and the Goose which is a very wide red.
Coe has Main Basin a wide blue - Spring run a red and Flypaper a black.
Both have parks set up at the mo.
Back corries (blacks) may be open at Nevis but a walk would be involved wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy