Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

India

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know theres been plenty of threads on this but here something more from the BBC yesterday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6474613.stm
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for the link stanton. It's an interesting article. I'm new to this forum and haven't caught up with other threads on this subject.

I was in Gulmarg for just over a week last month and my partner stayed for 5 weeks. From what I could gather, local operators seem concerned about new businesses and developers moving in and taking away the revenue they are currently making from western travellers.

I do, however, feel the existing businesses could easily address a few issues and improve their services. Simple things could potentially make a huge difference to the visitors' experience, like clearing snow off stairways, cleaner eating areas, reliable hot water. Whilst the lack of alcohol doesn't bother me, there's only really one bar to speak of and it's a bit of a problem having a night out when you risk being attacked by wild dogs on the return walk to your hotel (and no, I'm not kidding!) A clean toilet at the mid-station/restaurant of the gondola would also be heaven. Personally, I'd be happy to pay the cost of a gondola ride for a clean loo! Whilst the last item on the list of the skiers' code over there is "relax, this is Kashmir", a little less relaxation on their part wouldn't go astray.

I'd hate to see the culture or beauty of the place diminished, which is probably at stake if developers move in, but they really need to make some changes to attract more customers and have people return. It's also important that the local tourists are protected from inflated prices so they can still enjoy the place.

I loved Gulmarg, but you need to be a bit adventurous to go there and enjoy yourself. Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy