Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva airport + vignette

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Basically, we've promised to pick someone up from geneva airport and bring him back to chamonix late evening next week. We have no other cause to go into Switzerland this year so do people here think it's worth (or even necessary?) getting a vignette ?

Or is it possible to get to Geneva airport without going on the motorway in Switzerland?

Perhaps we could chance it (it will be about 9 o'clock at night)

alternatively pick up from French side , or is that a complete kerfuffle?/

What would people advise please?

Ann
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you use the motorway you will have to buy a vignette. There is a non-motorway route but I've never bothered to find it - no doubt someone will be along in a minute to explain.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ann, You will need it if you use the motorway as they do check cars at the border.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ann, Go straight past the motorway turnoff at Etrembieres and go through Geneva heading past the railway station and then follow signs for the airport. At that time it will be easy and probably faster than the motorway.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have hired a car on the French side of Geneva airport and driven out to Chamonix via Geneva centre. It was pretty straightforward following signs for the centre and then picked up signs for Chamonix from there. This was quite late in the evening and it was fairly quick getting through the city. If I can do it then it should be easy for you!! I'm sure there are people on here who could provide you with a map.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks everyone - think I wil try and find the route past the railway station

Ann
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
you can get directions from www.viamichelin.com which will take you through Geneva and avoid the need for a vignette
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
halfhand wrote:
you can get directions from www.viamichelin.com which will take you through Geneva and avoid the need for a vignette

best website for directions in Europe IMO!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ann, we hired a car from the french side too earlier this year and easily got down to chamonix without a vignette, seem to remember we drove through Geneve centre and followed the signs to Annemasse (along the route de chene??) and picked up the A40 once into France, this was around midday so i doubt at night it would be any more busy then, as long as you don't join the motorway too early (is it green in switz/blue in france for signs???) then its pretty stress free....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks everyone - seems it's easily do-able so that's put my mind at rest!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy