Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car Hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have hired twice this year from Geneva with EasyCar.com who act as agents for car hire companies.

In January we got a BMW 118 through SIXT which was v.good. No real probelms with it at all. First you pay through EasyCar for the car and when you arrive you need to add winter equipment, extra drivers etc etc which are then invoiced to you on return of the vehicle.

A few weeks ago we decided to go through EasyCar again and ended up hiring 2 Astra estates and ended up collecting from Alamo/National. Paid EasyCar their money upfront and waited for the extras to be added as before. All seemed well until we got back home and was billed a further £320!! This included extra cover and drivers plus quite expensive snow chains and service charges etc.

So a car hire we originally budgeted at £65 per day (as advertised on EasyCar) turned out to be £105 per day. A massive 62% increase on our original budget!!??

I'm not pointing the finger here, Easy Car do explain this to you as you are booking. I'm just informing you to be careful of these hidden charges. Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've never paid additional costs for winter equipment when hiring from (the Swiss side of) Geneva airport. All the rental cars there seem to come fully equipped whether you request 'winter pack' or not.

I used EasyCar once - never again, it was a right pain sorting out the mess of the booking they created. I try a number of different booking agencies but ebookers and HolidayAutos always come out best for me.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I followed Rob's suggestion of e-bookers (Hertz) and hired at Geneva a couple of weeks ago, indeed the car arrived with winter tyres, chains in the boot and a Swiss motorway vignette all included in the hire cost, which was the lowest we could find anywhere for Geneva.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've always found Hetrz the most reliable and also the most open about charges. Wouldn't use anyone else now.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ski Bat - thanks for the warning. But do complain. The last time I had reason to complain to Alamo they were very good.
snow report
 brian
brian
I used easycar once in the good old days when they were actually renting out cars themselves, little Merc A classes, absolutely cheap as chips. However, now they're a broker they never seem very competitive.

Mostly use HA with the snowHead s discount link (courtesy of Phillip Stanton), but also used ebookers, carhire3000 and auto europe. It's worth shopping around.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brian wrote:
I used easycar once in the good old days when they were actually renting out cars themselves, little Merc A classes, absolutely cheap as chips. However, now they're a broker they never seem very competitive.

Yes they were very good especially if you booked some time in advance, but then they started to charge extra for mileage and I stopped using them.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We did hire from the Swiss side too and were charged the extras on the standard stuff. Have had border control issues with hiring from the French side.

We can't really complain as it is all stated in the small print, it's just a bit of a suprise when you actually find a lump sum missing from your account. I'll take the advise given here and book via another source next time.

Have used EuropeCar before and didn't have any bother.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy