Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Would you consider white ski clothing more dangerous?

Poster: A snowHead
Spyderman, I wore one this year and it was def. warmer and quite comfortable, and it felt right to be wearing one from the safety aspect. I've ridden horses since I was 4 yrs old and would not consider riding without one - same goes for riding a motorbike (done that since I was 21). I believe it contributed to my increased confidence this year.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PisteHead,
A White jacket is not as warm as a darker colour, just feel your Black salopettes. It gets dirty quicker, think oily drips from lifts and carrying your skis. Don't think just a White jacket when wearing other colours also makes much of a safety issue though if you ski on piste, unless you've got Stevie Wonder skiing behind you.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

i can normally see whats coming, not very often i am being overtaken.....lol

Unless it's by an Avalanche that you can't hear coming wink

snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't forget you can always take a fluorescent hip flask with you and wave it every now and again!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Unless it's by an Avalanche that you can't hear coming

wont i feel this avalanche sneaking up on me, i mean all that snow rumbling down a slope, surely its got to create some kinda vibration wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PisteHead wrote:
In the recent sales I bought an all white ski jacket because....because it looks good. However I'm now beginning to think it might increase the chances of someone crashing into me because I am partly cameoflaged, salopettes are black.

Should I be concerned or is it pretty easy for you fellow skiers to spot people partly clothed in white gear?

Just how good you you look? wink

I wear a white jacket and black Isis pants. I have had no issus with people running into me. Except one snowboarder, but that was because he hadn't grown eyes in the side of his head yet Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Liam wrote:
purchase ..... some decent body armour ... Laughing

That is the best advice I have read on this thread!

After sustaining rib injuries 6 weeks ago-by someone crashing into me--even though I was quite visible-- (in a dark grey skisuit)--a white skijacket I would certainly not wear on the slopes. Actually, I couldn't resist a white skijacket with a fake furry hood (really chic!) a couple of years ago, but I have never worn it on the slopes. I wear it apres-ski-- walking about or travelling, or any other time than skiing! wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Guvnor, Spyderman, Mrs Bungle, Can I live with a dirty looking ski jacket? I wonder.

Liam, dan100, Lizzard, Sage, Big G, seems people are going to crash into others if they are out of control regardless the jacket's colour

SnowHot ,Think Brad Pitt. /jk
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PisteHead, Exactly, I wonder how many people, having crashed into someone, say 'Oh, I couldn't see you' ? Not many methinks...much more likely a grovelling appology because they knew they were out of control/ in the wrong...unless of course you are in France when (from my experience) unless you are French then you must have been at fault Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PisteHead wrote:

Are you a girl?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx, Not me.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Big G, it's my experience that they don't even bother to stop and ask if you're OK, let alone make excuses.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lizzard,
Well thats just plain rude Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PisteHead,

then why a white jacket Confused
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PisteHead,

should have clarified - you'll be covered in egg yolk, tomato sauce, beer and all sorts in no time (a la Frosty)
ski holidays
You could follow the advice of commercial glaziers, and adapt it for skiwear.... when they fit these huge plate glass windows they often put plack sillouhette stickers of birds or something all over them, to stop the real birds flying into them. Maybe some stickers of skiers and, more appropriately, snowboarders all over your jacket would do the trick, to stop them flying into you? Puzzled
snow conditions
PisteHead wrote:

Brad Pitt?
Nah, Johnny Depp maybe!!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy