Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

JUST BACK FROM PASSO TONALE

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys

Just back from a great week skiing in Tonale. However, as the week went on with no new snow it became harder and harder to enjoy. temps were mad !! 14 degrees on friday !! by saturday , all south facing resort runs have dark patches on them low down, with no fresh snow soon the pistes will be lost. The piste bashers did an excellent job keeping the resort runs open , but they are almost out of snow to move over from the sides every night, as we drove past the resort runs on our way home on saturday (17th) there was grass showing at resort level were there had been snow all week. Runs have been ok in the am , very slushy pm.

Snow is best in Ponte de Legno, lower down but better protected by the trees.

CAUTION......PISTE MAP NOT ACCURATE... Confused ......No blue runs in Ponte de Legno......If you want to ski there from Tonale You HAVE TO ski down a steep black , it says red on the map - incorrect.

Best runs in Tonale.........Scorpion bay 2reds and long blue (far right on the piste map), glacier red, paradiso black, high red on far left of the piste map.

Adamello website being cunning Shocked , only showing pictures where the snow is, high up on the glacier and on the northern faces in Temu, except for the cross country course which is lower and completely snowless.

Thinking of going last minute ? ........... unless the expected dump on monday/tuesday hits, think again !!

Hope this helps. snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh dear, I'm planning to go first week in April. Really worried now!!!!!!!!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ssnowman, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. hopefully the weather will change and cover the area, if you are going with a TO who has a snow guarantee then you should be ok, nearby Madonna de campiglo has loads of snow, and if not there is a bus there and back every day, if you ski well there are the glacier runs.

I must say though, April is a way off and it's not looking good.

Good luck .
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We're going independently, so we will have a car. The glacier's fine for me, but it's my son's first time, unfortunately.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

If you want to ski there from Tonale You HAVE TO ski down a steep black

gorjulin, That's not correct, I skied from Passo to Ponte di Legno last year down a red run which passed over the original wooden bridge (the Ponte di Legno). It was definetly not a steep black and as far as I'm aware was the only run down to there. The only Black runs are the nice Presena Glacier runs and one in Ponte Di Legno which is not as long or as steep. There are two small blue runs (just nursery slopes really) at the bottom of the Di Legno slopes.

It's a shame about the snow, when I was there there was plenty but the main Tonale slopes are on the sunny side and are prone to melting a bit. I agree with your favourite runs with the Black from Paradiso to Tonale being my favourite.

snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think the confusion over this Red/Black to PdL is due to which lift you take once you approach the village. If you take the first lift you come to, it drops you off halfway up the mountain and you do have to ski down some steep stuff to get back to the main lift in the village. However, if you ignore the first lift, the red run does eventually take you to the same main lift you'd reach if you skied down from the first one.

The only tricky bit about the run between the two resorts are a few narrow switchbacks which can get quite icy. The rest of it is an easy blue.

The toughest run for us last year was Alpino "high red on far left of the piste map?" which started of as an easy red then developed icy bumps then shrank to a steepish moghuled gully. The red and black down from the glacier were a doddle after that.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Clive, You are correct about the PDL link.

Quote:

The toughest run for us last year was Alpino "high red on far left of the piste map?"

Just indicates what a difference snow conditions can make - I skied Alpino after a new snow fall and it was a really nice run.

snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy