Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

zoom airlines.....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
anything you know?..info,info
good ? or bad?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jollykay,

pay for the premier upgrade !

We did Zoom at the New Year - had premier outward but was full for return trip so had to go in the back. Outward was fantastic - fairly quiet, good seating, great service. cattle class was just that. Full of kids, families all spilt up, noisy. Mr HL is using Zoom again later this year and has opted for the premier class. I would certainly use them again, but not cattle class unless I was feeling really poor.

Another point - the flights are not always direct, e.g. Toronto stops at Montreal first - may not be an issue on the route you want but it does add to the already long flight time.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Done Glasgow - Vancouver a few times with no complaints. Premier class gives you more legroom but don't think the service was worth the extra money, didn't feel I was looked after any better than travelling cattle class.

Cattle class wasn't too cramped, I'm 6foot 1. No screaming kids, but we always avoid school holidays. Check in at Glasgow & Vancouver quick and efficient, Premier class gives extra luggage allowance, but two of us had no prob's cattle class with 2 big bags, 2 pairs skis & boots and 2 boards & boots.

Highly recommend them, excellent value for money.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Been to Vancouver with them. Economy was OK, no worse than scheduled airlines I've travelled with to North America.
holidayloverxx, I would have thought a plane full of children is due to you travelling during school holidays, not the airline.
When we came back from Vancouver they were selling premier class seats at checkin, don't know whether it was cheaper than if you paid in advance (or maybe you could try making them an offer).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PamG,

absolutely right - New Year, but i find that whenever we go skiing there are always a number of people who have taken the kids out of school. It was certianly the airlines fault for splitting up families. I think premier class is the same price at checkin as when you pay in advance. I paid at checkin as Inghams had already sold their allocation so I couldn't get it in advance
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It is fine but you have accept it for what it is - a budget airline. Not up to the same standard as Air Canada but as long as you get there...all good
For me gatwick is a bit of a pain and when i did fly on zoom - the whole check in process was a real pain with long waits but i guess that can happen anywhere
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx,
I usually travel with my friends who have children, so I feel that I'm reasonably tolerant of them, and have considerable pride in watching their achievements on the slopes. What irks me, though, is that yes, you're right the airlines shouldn't split families up, but why in that case do the parents often decide they'll sit together and leave the children unsupervised, arguments break out, etc. etc. Had a prime example of this going to Canada at Easter - a group of parents were all up in Premium leaving their noisy teenagers behind me in Economy. Much traipsing up and down the plane and the parents were letting the kids have the free alcohol they were getting in Premium, which increased the noise level. If parents can't bear to sit with their children then why do they think I want to?
Rant over. I suppose it's an argument in favour of skiing in Europe because of the short flights. And I love children. Just couldn't eat a whole one. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PamG,

I'm with you all the way on that one rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i hear they are starting flights to bermuda now - not that much skiing dowen there though and i bet you cant take your surfboard on the flght either
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I thought the luggage allowance was 20Kg total if you flew economy and that included skis. Is that not the case? (no pun intended) Is it up to 20Kg for a bag and then you get to take your skis too?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just re-read the website - duh - and yes you do get 20Kg plus skis.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy