Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

the big dump is coming!!!

Poster: A snowHead
well we live in hope

and this http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/snow_forecast.asp?resortID=37
looks very pleasing.

can those reading the charts confirm please, pretty pretty please Very Happy snowHead

thanking you muchly
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was going to post something along similar lines. Been watching the GFS charts for Valais region of Switzerland for the last few days and consecutive runs seem to predict a big change in the weather next week with temps dropping significantly. Charts have been consistent on the temp drop but amount of precipitation appears to be doubtful. Anyone with more expertise than I care to speculate?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If it holds true, certainly looks like dump-a-rama time on Tuesday and Wednesday Very Happy

Do you think you could get it in the freezer this time? rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
TallTone, lol i'll try! but i'm sure next season will be a bumper one!

i8 ihave to admit its like summer here, there are even lizzards running around on the south side of the valley, before we know it we'll have the mennace that is grass hoppers back.

lets hope it comes true and all goes back to normal
snow conditions
 brian
brian
snowangel., well everything is pointing to much colder from around next Monday/Tuesday for at least a few days. Looks like at least some snow and it will be to low levels but how much is anyone's guess at the mo.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Noooooooooo... don't tempt fate guys! Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm off to Courchevel on 24th and the snowhorn is just starting to show.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
my fingers are crossed for austria, mayrhofen looking it might get a dump too! http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/snow_forecast_7.asp?resortID=8

going on sat snowHead
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Going by latest charts, looks excellent for the MSBers, less exciting for those not exposed to the North.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
form Swiss National Weather service . Indeed its dropping next week

Wengen

http://www.meteoschweiz.ch/web/en/weather/detail_forecast/localforecasts.html?language=en&plz=wengen&x=13&y=11

Verbier

http://www.meteoschweiz.ch/web/en/weather/detail_forecast/localforecasts.html?language=en&plz=verbier

Davos

http://www.meteoschweiz.ch/web/en/weather/detail_forecast/localforecasts.html?language=en&plz=davos
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hd yesterday on the La Ros forecast thread wrote:
Looking at some of the other forecast models, both the MetO and ECMWF are slightly more optimistic, showing the high pressure system breaking down on Sunday not Monday.

The evening GFS update is just in and currently it is now in line with ECMWF and MetO predictions, showing the high pressure to be breaking down on Sunday:

Consequently the precipitation charts now show a small amount of snow on Saturday and Sunday but the main fall is still forecast to begin on Monday evening and then continue into Tuesday. If this snow comes in early then I really hope the winds will stay light over the weekend so that the link to La Thuile remains open.

Fingers crossed these charts continue to change in my favour. Everyone being those naked snow dances now! :selfishsmiley:
4 days of dumpage commencing Saturday please! snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hd, Fingers are crossed, I'm off to Morzine in 7 days time.

snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
the 06z gfs I just looked at for la tania agrees on the temp drop, but has little precipitation. has the outlook changed overnight Sad
snow report
 brian
brian
kitenski, I think you're looking at something like 25 cm over Monday and Tuesday.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
the lifties are telling me sunday! i've even got my eyelashes crossed! conditions here are still great, i'll report in the serre che thread but we do need some snow.
snow report
kitenski, this link based on the 06z GFS suggests the mother of all dumps Monday-Thursday next week:

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/avnpanel4.html
snow conditions
Zippedy Doo DAA! Very Happy
latest report
Ok. I'm looking at this link which isn't looking very snowy!!

http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/MS_745_ens.png

Cheers.

Greg
latest report
Zippedy Doo DASH! Sad
latest report
 brian
brian
hd, the mother of all dumps is stretching it somewhat. Light to moderate snow for a few days is maybe a bit more realistic wink
latest report
brian, there's nothing wrong with a bit of tongue in cheek over-exaggeration eh? snowHead
snow report
snow-forecast.com has just updated and currently suggests 30cm for La Ros Sunday night until Tuesday night.
latest report
I agree, there could be a decent amount of snow falling next week, good precip, cold conditions and the jet stream is looking good for austria and the triol region..... check this website out if going to austria from the 18th to 24th, Im sure good conditions will be had.....

http://www.wetter.at/wetter/

Regards

Mongoose
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
what's it looking like for Lake Tahoe area?
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, quiet, from your corner Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Michelle, Laughing

Base Depth 61-146"
Sunny until Tuesday, then snow.
Sunny the rest of the week.
snow report
The latest snow-forecast update is just in and says 50cm for La Ros between Sunday night and Wednesday morning. snowHead
ski holidays
hd, I wouldn't take too much notice of the number of centimetres snow-forecast is suggesting though the general trend is certainly encouraging. Having been at the top of the Aiguille de Midi for several hours today, and not even bothered to put my gloves on, it's hard to believe it'll change so drastically, but much colder weather, even without much precipitation, will certainly be very welcome.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w, in the interests of scientific endeavour - do you fancy revisiting the Aiguille on, say, Tuesday next and letting us know how long you can keep your gloves off (outside of course)? It is looking like being just a little cooler by then... wink

We're currently calling around 30cm in La Ros for that time period, and similar for Cham but it is still a few days away - probably be a tropical storm the way this season's gone so far... Cool
snow conditions
Quote:

We're currently calling around 30cm in La Ros

J2Dave, I am presuming this is an hourly rate wink
latest report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
I am presuming this is an hourly rate wink

Laughing ...of course, on the Lower Slopes, and Indoors!

But in-jokes aside, La Ros has got plenty of snow and a bit of fresh on top will give anyone there next week a great time. The only issue might be the occasional white-out and a little wind Laughing but just deal with it - get out there!
ski holidays
I'm in two minds about this dump next week. On the one hand I'm all for it, but on the other if it is anything like it was in Val d'Isere two weeks ago, it's going to make for some very unpleasant skiing conditions.
snow conditions
Kramer, I agree. It has been absolutely glorious the last week, with warm sunshine, super visibility and, in much of our area and most of the best skiing, good conditions underfoot. Scrabbling around in nil vis again and digging out the silk balaclava will be a shock to the system, though being realistic we need colder weather and more snow to get to the end of the season, which is over a month away, in decent shape.
snow conditions
Kramer, pam w, two of the more lame posts I have seen on here Shocked

wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
2 weeks of dumparooney please Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Arno, sorry, but in my book anyone who thinks skiing in nil visibility in freezing winds is preferable to skiing on super snow in the sunshine surrounded by glorious mountain scenery is a few turns short of a slalom. wink
ski holidays
pam w, Absolutely.
latest report
Cant we just have snow at night, sunshine powder days please...
snow report
pam w,
Quote:

Arno, sorry, but in my book anyone who thinks skiing in nil visibility in freezing winds is preferable to skiing on super snow in the sunshine surrounded by glorious mountain scenery is a few turns short of a slalom.

Oh dear! My 12 year old daughter and i are going to La Thuile this weekend, we have been looking forward to it for sooo long. Do you think these are the conditions that we can expect? (Nil visiblility and freezing winds)
snow conditions
Arno, flat light doesn't bother me, snow doesn't bother me, but 80-100kph winds combined with hail, and flat light on the one run that is open make for fairly miserable skiing. There was no pleasure to be had from it whatsoever. wink

As long as it's just a snowstorm, and the wind isn't horrendous then it'll be ok. Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy