Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is snowheads the fastest growing internet based snow sports club ?

Poster: A snowHead
Just curious, we have generated over 800 members since February, all things considered I think we have done remarkably well.

Even better is that this is a club with no compulsory membership fees, we can even get some discounts on accomodation, tuition and even holidays.

Now if we could just keep the growth rate up we should be outdoing the SCGB sometime in the next 40 years (going by numbers per day) Laughing

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 21-09-04 22:28; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DGO - I am confident that it will not take that long!! 800 members as opposed to 27000 members - in seven months and no subscriptions. Bring on those links to other snowsports sites and these excellent posters. Lets not make the same mistakes as SCGB ( NOT ski club ). Let them learn how to do this from our example! snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Should crack the 1000 well before year end.Membership(if you can call it that?)has steadily risen in the "dead" summer months.If the stickers are out on the piste this coming season I've a feeling membership will rocket.Many will have no idea this place exists?As for the claimed membership mentioned above;I have never believed it and would take an awfull lot of convincing the "real" figure was anywhere near.One thing for sure;there are 5 people in my family who did not renew when due this month(as threatened)and never will Evil or Very Mad
It is not beyond the bounds of possibility that snowHeads could grow to the point where the movers and shakers of the UK ski world approach us!Now,that would be cool Cool Cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have to remember that 800 members isn't really 800 members. It's 800 separate membership requests. The amount should be pretty high though.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skanky, actually there have been more than 800 requests for membership but some of them have been ...... filtered out by U, certain russian ? ladies come to mind Cool
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
fastest growing internet based ski club ?
fastest growing ski club! Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
D G Orf, true but some double/dodgy ones will have got through. However the general amount will be right.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

fastest growing ski club!

Well I almost put that down Laughing , but the SCGB have 900 definate new members this year .

On the other hand if we take it in percentage terms .......
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hey hey what's all this talk about "ski" i thought we were a "sliding" club or just simply snow........don't forget us tray users! We want to cover all things snow.........................................& apres Wink Laughing snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dan, don't you mean "cover all things in snow"? Wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dan, very valid point, I've changed the title for you and the other darksiders Cool
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DGO - now what have we against some " russian ladies " . Perhaps they can add some color to our esteemed organisation ( such as it is! ). maybe there are some very pretty ski companions here!

I think that admin is a spoilsport!! Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
D G Orf, cheers, i know there's not that many of us here at the moment.........probably as there are at least 2 very well established forums for british boarders. I prefer this place though.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hibernia, I believe the "ladies" were advertising their looking for a wife service and had little if anything to do with snowsports Sad
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DG Orf - but could we not be a little accommodating to them - but some of them must be accomplished skiers. Why do we need to discriminate? Little Angel
latest report
Why accomplished? Don't we take learners?
snow report
yes, we take all - i must protest to admin Little Angel
snow conditions
"Russian ladies who wish to slide" I think is the phrase you may be after.
snow conditions
hibernia, The impression I got was that the user was actually some sort of bot designed to register their site in order to gain it extra attention, as for Russian ladies, or beginners I have nothing against them in fact some russian ( and former eastern block ) ladies are very attractive indeed.
ski holidays
Agreed Little Angel
ski holidays
Well I for one, am very confused about their figures as usual.
Last year they said they had 27000 members, this year they have 27500 = + 500
but... they say they've grown by 3.5% which on 27000 = +945
BUT... someone who claims to speak for the club, recently boasted of 2000 new members.

As usual, it's probably not wise to take any of these numbers too seriously Wink
latest report
Well the mystery will be over in a few weeks as the published annual accounts are due out shortly. As aN SCGB member I avidly await their arrival and the AGM at the end of November. Whatever the figure is, 3.5% or whatever, it is a low ambition.

Now, away from from this, back to the Russian ladies, can we have them please, admin? Very Happy

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 21-09-04 23:05; edited 3 times in total
snow report
u brain, and the reps have apparently recruited 900 ish new members this year which according to them is just 25-33% of the total new members this year
snow report
u brain, Alternative math:

0.035(27,000-x)=500 x>12,000

2000 renewals amongst those 12000 and you've accounted for all the numbers thrown at you in a reasonably sensible manner. Wink
snow conditions
Quote:
900 ish new members this year which according to them is just 25-33% of the total new members
Which would make 2700-3600 new members = +10-13%

OH, hold on, I know what it is - that will be 3600 'unique visitors' to the club Laughing
latest report
Love the maths U Brain the problem with it is it's probably the way they do it
snow report
Is Snowheads a club though? I thought that I had in fact just subscribed to use a forum rather than become a member?
Are there any liability issues associated with being a member of a club rather than just a user of a forum (for both users and the site owner) Puzzled
snow report
stuarth, good question, I'd say it was an informal organisation, or possibly some sort of cooperative
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
D G Orf wrote:
[b]stuarth[/bI'd say it was an informal organisation, or possibly some sort of cooperative

Maybe, but perhaps U/Admin/whoever could get rich by starting to organise Snowheads holidays.

By the way, I think it's very, very wrong to exclude Russian ladies!
snow report
Admin's preferred term is 'Community' according to the Welcome on the Home Page, as seen by unregistered new arrivals. He may have been influenced in this by Kevin McLean Wink Wink
We are not growing all that fast (+ 3.5 Users per day) and by comparison with the numbers on some other similar forums (Epic = 6487, forum.ski.com.au in Australia with 7954 .....) we've got some way to go. Wink Many of these big numbers will not, however, be active posters and we do score well on %age participation, friendliness and lack of abuse. The main thing is that it is really well set to grow through the next season.
snow conditions
stuarth, well, let's compare with another club:

As a subscriber, you get access to:
Holiday discounts
Instruction discounts
Organised get-togethers

Gear demos (NEW)
An open forum
Help and advice globally
David Goldsmith's knowledge (don't knock it)
Variety of ages/classes

Now, what we don't have is:
A clubhouse
Membership fees
An administration team/council
snow conditions
we have a "virtual clubhouse", built on servers and GB/MB instead of bricks and cement.......
latest report
We need a virtual bar, then.
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, the other lot do not have a clubhouse anymore Sad

Oh and we do have
Quote:

An administration team

Its called the moderators + U
snow report
I'd better have a virtual drink then Wink
snow conditions
D G Orf, I'll get this one. What'll it be?
ski holidays
I'll drink to that! Nice to have an excuse for once Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I'll get this round in, y'all just get me one back when we meet. Skullie
ski holidays
skanky, I'll leave it up to you, may I suggest howeve (Given my recent posts) a virgin on the rocks ?
latest report
D G Orf, no problem. Followed by a bloody mary, I presume?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy