Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

As the sun beats down and we draw towards the end of the season, our thoughts

Poster: A snowHead
...turn to next season!

We've booked 2 trips already!

Who else has booked?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Trying to sort out a trip to Les 2 Alpes - pretty much off-piste. Mixture of instruction for a technique brush-up (and maybe a trip to La Grave) three days or so with a guide, and a couple of days off-piste. Late Jan/Early Feb. Not booked yet.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My thoughtsd are still with this. Cold front next week should preserve the snow for Easter, and I like to practice slushy mounds at the EoSB Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
One more trip to go before the end of the season - Les Arcs 22-25 March.

And I'm still eagerly awaiting the PSB button...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Next season already! We've still got 2 trips left to go this season snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, I've not finished with this season yet...still 3 trips to go Very Happy

But what is this cold-front you speak of...the forecasts I can see for the next week are for unrelenting sunshine and high freezing levels?
snow conditions
 brian
brian
rungsp, we're trying to decide between NY and Feb half term for first week trip next season and then I think we'll definitely do Easter which is nice and early next year.

Definitely fancy lift opening weekend in December and all the La Grave snowHead s sound like we're up for a repeat.

Oh, and the PSB ! I do fancy giving that a go. So many ski trips, so few holidays ....
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Whistler, late Feb i think.

L2A this summer with any luck as well.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rungsp, Tis week is hot but forecast seem to indicate cold air coming in next Monday /Tuesday. (hopefully)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Already got Banff booked up for next year, but don't write off the 2007 season yet - there are still 6 weeks to go in some European resorts.

I still have the EoSB to go this year, so I'm certainly not done with this season!

BTW - my other half is in ADH at the moment. She reported temeratures of +8 yesterday, so 'tis indeed warm at the moment.

Jon.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My seasons hardly started yet. I've two trips left - one to austria late march and a week or two in val d'isere mid april. I'm 100% sure I'll have great conditions and in val a good chance of fresh powder. The long range forecast for next week are for much cooler temps and snow. See this GFS http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/MS_1047_ens.png (somewhere in salzburg area, can't remember where exactly) and http://www.wetter.at/wetter/oesterreich/steiermark/schladming Though as of 11:47 GMT 13 Mar 2007 the temp reads +14degrees!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi everyone,
Off to Meribel on 25th any other snowheads going then? snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rungsp wrote:
...turn to next season!

We've booked 2 trips already!

Who else has booked?

We were booking for Xmas but after family intervention we now seem to be spending
Xmas in Florida Confused
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
provenjohn, sailing?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PSB on the agenda for next season for sure and hoping to sort out renting a small place from dec to april so that w/e trips are easier Smile

planning a day or 2 in LDA this summer but not sure if that is counted as this season or next????

still may bank hol w/e to go this season as well Very Happy
snow report
Also still got another trip out this year - next week to Morzine for a weekend Very Happy

Haven't really started to think about next year yet, maybe Tignes again in Jan and different places for other trips.
latest report
Roger C, We did May bank holiday weekend a couple of years ago (stayed on for a few days after the very first EOSB) and the conditions were wonderful on the glacier at Tignes. snowHead
ski holidays
Long weekend to Morzine a week on Wednesday, then next year possibly Canada in the Feb week and another long weekend in March. PSB would be nice as well.

snowHead
latest report
Snow has been great for the trips I have done this year... as good collectively as I can recall.
snow report
I've still go two trips to go this season. Tignes next week, and the EoSB. Very Happy
snow conditions
Seems that this is a little pre emptive then - at least in snowheads terms. ( 23 sleeps until LDA snowHead - and admit to having camping in Venosc all summer and a week already 'sort of' booked for next year)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My season only got started 4 weeks ago, and I'm leaving for my once a year fly-away trip this Friday!

There're still so many skiing days left this season I don't have enough brain cells to work on next season.

I'm a late season/spring skier. I like the sun up, snow soft and lounging outside at the end of day. I intensly dislike the man-made stuff they put on the piste BEFORE the real snow comes. So, I'm a perfect candidate for EoSB. Wait, I can see myself doing that, next season!
latest report
Still 3 trips, maybe 4, before summer waxing takes place, and so far this has been my most enjoyable season ever. That's a pattern I intend to stick to in the remaining time before 06/07 bites the dust Smile
ski holidays
bev bish that's encouraging, Tignes is certainly one of the options for that weekend but we'll decide where to go based on conditions at the time and where still has a good amount open!
snow conditions
If I could plan what I was doing next week I'd be happy! Just back from Bulgaria and off to St Anton April 5th to 11th for the second trip this year snowHead Planning for next year is like backing a horse for the Cheltenham Gold Cup next year when this year's race hasn't been run yet!
snow report
Still got the trip to Kaprun next week before we start thinking about next season.

I'd quite like to do a bit more GS race training, but not at Tignes if that can be avoided. Otherwise I guess it will be back to 3V as usual.
snow conditions
Summer skiing for a day or two in LDa, Christmas and New Year are sorted with our trip out to Serre Che again, but the rest of the season is undecided, apart from the EOSB at the end of April 2008, which seems an awfully long time away. I am promising that I will join the trip next season. Still have 2 weeks in Serre Che to go this season.
latest report
rungsp, Puh-lease, I'm still trying to get enough days in THIS year. Grands Montets not scheduled to close until May 7 and after that there's touring (and gardening, and building, and...) to be done. And maybe even a visit to the SZK??

That said, having been somewhat constrained this year I think next season needs at least one of: heliskiing, backcountry UT, MT or WY, and just generally more of it...maybe even some fat skis to go with the really skiiny ones?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Definitely a bit early to think about next year. I've still got three weeks of skiing to fit in this year yet!
snow report
I've been collating the kids holidays from school but got no further than that.

I also have 2 trips still to go, so I don't dare start talking about next season at home just yet Confused
snow report
Probably going to do a big trip to USA/ Canada in December, maybe taking a large group
snow report
Got the eosb this season, then tignes for the whole season starting december Cool snowHead
snow conditions
george_1, It may be as well not to mention that last bit on the way back to Leeds from EMA wink
latest report
Said this already but Selva on Saturday and then the EoSB Cool
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Shocked Puzzled
snow report
george_1, I think he's suggesting he'll push you out on the M1 near Sheffield ! Laughing
latest report
Smokin Joe, wink
snow conditions
i have done 3 trips this year.. contemplating one more for the first week of april , but im going to leave it till nearer the time.. whilst my fave resort had snow cover everywhere the amounts piled up on the avalanche barriers suggests 2 more weeks of the recent weather could cause some problems.. if we get a bit more snow and it cools down a bit ill be more than happy to do a few more days of getting out early and loafing in a deck chair from 1 pm onwards
snow report
This year skis are not put away yet but its starting to look unlikly they are going to be out again
For next year Obertauern is booked
We were after a certain week at a spacific hotel and the rooms available seemed to be going quickly from TO site.
More usally apear after their early bird offers end but thats at extra cost
Any other trips are booked late when we know there is snow
latest report
Been pretty good. 2 weeks so far and a further 2 trips (long weekend and 2nd week of easter) to go. I feel my skiing has improved thanks to being easiskied (with 2 more lessons to go) and my daughter's has come on a lot.

Next year I think will be a week somewhere in late January and a further 2 weeks (a week each in ADH & LDA) at Easter. I'm also thinking seriously about Chile in August (2008) to celebrate my 50th (but not at Snoworks prices).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy