Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The best Apre Ski Album in the world.....Ever

Poster: A snowHead
Right then, Just back from Austria and already I am missing Banging hardcore Dutch Trance and hip hop Acordian music, so there is only one thing for it, Mix tape! (or CD). So please, suggested track listings please, we can then mix it together and flog it to Richard Branson for release (all profit to Snowheads of course).

Of course I have no idea what Track 1 should be, I'm just an ideas man, so over to you.....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I heard an awesome/awful Euro-dance mix of Summer of '69 when in Livingo, that just has to be on it. It had all the required bits - crowd noise, a horrible break-down and an even worse key change. happy days Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lenniem, Try tapping 'Top-Buzz' into you Shareware, download Anything circa 1990.
After all, "My name is L-i-L-i-tickle-i-tickle-i-boom-boom-barley-wooley-wooley-wizz-kid-charlie-charlie-chop-chop-chop-chop-it-up."
"Two Blacks and a Bubble!"
Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, ..... It would appear obvious that life has just become all too much for you.........
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i've not experienced the austrian apres as i'm more of a france girl. for this reason apres is all about the covers bands. this year the stand out tunes were "last night" the strokes, "when the sun goes down" the artic monkeys, "chelsea dagger" the fratellis, "summer of 69" brian adams and "sweet child of mine" guns & f**king roses.

ah, i could almost be back in the ronnie now....
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Going back a few years, blue by eiffel 65
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

i've not experienced the austrian apres

Blimey you are missing a great experience, Gunnar in the Piccadilly bar St Anton is my highlight, I only wish I was the bar proprietor so many people so much cash.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Beasite Boys! And Groove Armada
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Do you mean the Austrians have now found a way to remove hermes house band from the turntable?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
"who the f... is alice" has to be on it somewhere

beanie1, I think this thread might be meant to be ironic...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
http://media.putfile.com/ravi--DJ-lov-Tsjeriaucheerio

http://youtube.com/v/vSzbg83bcwI
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
"Rawhide" would remind me of my days working in Aviemore. Lunchtimes in the Daylodge drinking Pils & (Diamond) White to keep out the cold.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
chrisdavis wrote:
http://media.putfile.com/ravi--DJ-lov-Tsjeriaucheerio

http://youtube.com/v/vSzbg83bcwI

I'm Glad you included the video with the words or I would have been completely lost! wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Eisbear (sp?). Everytime it came on in Ischgl people were up on the tables. It's the tune I'm putting on with the credits for the holiday video Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stoatsbrother, i've just gone into a cold sweat. they were playing that appalling, hillbilly crap in paddy mcgintys in sauze d'oulx. i should have seen that as a sign to walk straight out and board the first plane him. horrible, horrible, horrible.
ski holidays
The Toy Dolls version of The Final Countdown.

Counting Crows - the album August and Everything After was playing in Saalbach on my first ski trip, so take something off it.

VH Jump.

And for this year, Chasing Cars. (which might get performed at a bar in Tahoe next week)
ski holidays
RachelQ wrote:
The Eisbear (sp?).

I think you mean the Eismann ...

"when the Eismann say .. whoo oh oh oh oh"

I've got 3 apres schi CD's and none of them have got it and i've been searching for it on the net for 2 years but can't find any reference to it.

I was chatting to a German lass in the Goasstall in Hinterglemm at the weekend who told me who it's by but i promptly forgot . I'd love a copy if anyone's got one.
latest report
lenniem wrote:

Of course I have no idea what Track 1 should be, I'm just an ideas man, so over to you.....

1. Drei Weisse Tauben.
2. Anton aus Tirol.
3. Zwanzig Centimetre (not sure the actual name of the track .. it's the kleine Peter one)
4. Die Hande zum Himmel.
nn. Hey Baby
nn. Alice
20. Eismann (or whatever it's called)
snow conditions
Any decent Apres album should have some Chilli Peppers on it.....!

I'd go for the aptly named: Snow (hey oh)
snow report
This is not cool but.........

1. Cowboy und Indianer - love the actions
http://youtube.com/v/9SHRBXAJdok&mode=related&search=
2. Eine Stern - Schmalz personified
3. Viva Colonia
4. Haende zum Himmel
5. Eisbaeren - and it is Eisbaer not Eismann (weil wir haben die Eisbaern so gern!)
6. Geh'n wir Bier trinken.
7. Weiss' der Geier
8. 7 Sünden
9. Que Sera
10. Because it has to be there.... Anton aus Tirol.

English language songs played that need a mention.... (Oh the embarassesment) Country Roads, Most Neil Diamond nonsense, and err how come Highway to hell seems to pop up?

Eisbaeren is also on a Ballermann album http://www.lyricsandsongs.com/song/629937.html among plenty of others... possible to download too on many sites.

Now here's the reason behind tthe song - Ice hockey team and the song on you tube
http://youtube.com/v/CJFntgDJJE4

Feier schoen Leute!
latest report
you are a star fatirishman!!

no wonder i couldn't find it on the net
snow report
RichA, fatirishman, yes, that's the one. An Eisbär is a polar bear, as a rather hunky fit Austrian told me in Ischgl! Top tune Very Happy
snow conditions
I know a bear that you don't know.......
snow report
latest apres fave in austria last weekend was the scissor sisters and 'i dont feel like dancing' .. austrians not big on irony i guess.. wink
snow report
goaty, Arctic Monkeys, always remind me of skiing...dont know why??
latest report
Has no one mentioned Falco yet!!?? "The Greatest Austrian Pop Star Ever"

( Apart from Rainer Schoenfelder of course http://www.schoenfelder.at/ )

Forget 'Rock me Amadeus'... we heard one by him in Kitzbuhel last year called 'Der Kommissar'. Track 1 on any Apres Ski Album!!

Buy it on iTunes, its a delight.
snow report
Number 1 still has to be das rote Pferd . Judging from what's been playing in the German resorts of Mallorca this summer I reckon Humba Täterä will be pretty big in Austria/Germany/Switzerland for 08/09.

Joanna (Peter Wackel) still good.
latest report
Edelweiss - Darling if you loved me . . . or whatever it was called.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Dutch have a chain of bars in Holland replicating the Austrian Apres called Ski Hut. I think you'll find there are Ski Hut CD's (and probably downloads) available with EVERY possible Apres tune. http://www.deapresskihut.nl/skihut_english.html . Looks very messy...
ski holidays
Heres the tunes http://www.deveth.nl/music/report/alb/24914.htm
latest report
Ski Bat, Alles Klaar, der Kommissar!

I'm a big fan of the Soca Boys' 'Follow The Leader'. THE ROOF! THE ROOF! THE ROOF IS ON FIRE!
snow report
martski wrote:
goaty, Arctic Monkeys, always remind me of skiing...dont know why??

must be 'balaclava' or 'flourescent adolescent' then...
snow conditions
Hey, wir woll'n die Eisbären sehn! Oh eeh oh hee ho...learnt the moves to "Cowboy und Indianer" thanks to spending a day and evening in Ischgl with an expat, a Swiss bloke and a mental Belgian. Hope to practice them in St Anton over New Year. Oddly, there was a free Scissor Sisters gig in the main bowl at Ischgl whilst we were skiing during the afternoon, which was a bit surreal Shocked
snow report
fatirishman, Spot on.
Also Hermes House Band versions of I will survive and Country Roads (Mooserwirt standards).
Buddy - Ab auf die Psiten
Peter Wackl - Joanna and of course Ladio
ACDC - Highway to Hell, just for the sake of it
Oh, and the Mosserwirt song - Apres ski beim Moosewirt
snow report
So where does one download the Eisbaren or the mooserwirt songs...
latest report
bertie bassett, You used to be able to download the Mooserwirt song from their website but they upgraded it last year and you lost the ability to do so. You'll just need to go there and buy a CD. The Eisbarn song is called Hey, Wir Woll'n die Eisbaern sehen and I think it is by Phudys (or possibly Hohner, but I think they did Viva Colonia). iTunes not that great but HMV good for finding more obscure things. RichA, Zwanzig Zentimeter is by Moehre
Happy downloading folks. It's taken me a wee while to build up these songs and the CD will be on the car as we're off to Xscape this afternoon Laughing
snow report
Here's some of them http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=747CEA658E8187E5
snow conditions
does anyone have any idea how much I hate that apres ski music? Seriously, I will leave anywhere playing that crap, drives me mental. It takes a "special" person to like it. Lowest common denominator music IMO.

The worst thing is when I used to apres ski dj that crap would blow the place up, imagine hating a form of music so much yet having to stand there and take requests from plebs, for 3 or 4 hours. They used to sing the song at me and expect me to instantly pluck it out of my ass and play it "HEY DU, DUUU, DUUUUUUU DEEEEE JAAAAAYYYY, EISBAERN, JEZT GEHTS LOS" plebs Mad
And I don't even want to talk about lauberhorn weekend, or the bryan adams concert /shudder. Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
fatirishman, Nails it on the head best list ever I think the Ice Bear one started to to a certain bar in Mayrhofen it is funny thouhg how people are told things in the Goatstall or Moosvweiger and cant remember them the next day Twisted Evil
ski holidays
There are alot of Dutch songs played at Apres Ski here's a famous one by Guus Meeuwis "Per Spoor" (kedeng kedeng) . Its all about waiting for a Train in Holland.

http://youtube.com/v/a7critIymas

Kedeng Kedeng in St Anton

http://youtube.com/v/spVhXhP6_QU

Of course DJ Ötzi from the Tirol

http://youtube.com/v/RRe3gLoE0wU

Ein Stern

http://youtube.com/v/A_8dn_HykqI

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 29-10-08 16:25; edited 1 time in total
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy