Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Biking - A new revolution in Snowsports?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
They were seen by some as an ungainly piece of equipment eye-soring the lower ski slopes. Banned in many of the alpine resorts, as the bikes were deemed as to be too dangerous. But yesterday morning BBC news gave some time in profiling the new design Snow BIke by sending one of its sports reporters to the alps to try them out. They are said to be considerably lighter and easier to handle than the older model. And unlike the older model (and this is something I noticed myself) the snow biker is equipped with outriggers, similar to the ones used with sitskis. The BBC also showed footage of official slalom races in Austria involving snow bikes, which were made to look quite impressive. A snow bike expert, when interviewed, says that they are better than skiing, a lot easier and more relaxing because the person is sitting down all the time, ahum.. Reckons that the bikes are going to be the next plaything to take off on the slopes in a big way - that they're going to be the next revolution since the Snowblades. A snow bike instructor insists that he can teach any non skier, young or old, to use the snow bikes competently, I'm assuming that he was referring to the nursery slopes, in a few days.
Now many questions were being raised in my mind about this impending great snow bike revolution since the advent of snowboards and blades, not least of all Uplft access.. So what do you reckon? Do you think snow bikes are destined to take off like snowboarding and blading - or are they destined to slowly fizzle out like the bone racking mono ski?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shsrt answer - no not the next big thing. Destined to remain a minority method of enjoying the snow.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy