Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone been recently?

A guy at work went two weeks ago and said it was snow city, but it was pelting down all week so visibility was a bit gash - has anyone been last week?

The webcams on the official website show plenty of snoww but not many folk - does it tend to bee a bit quiet at this time of year?

Also, what are the roads like running up to the resorts? My group is driving from grenobel and seeing as we've never driven abroad, need to get metally prepared if it's gonna be like driving through slush!!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Specialman, i would be surprised if the road up to La Plagne is slushy. They are good at keeping the road clear. You would need exceptional weather to defeat the road team. And the webcam suggests the weather is very ordinary today.
The road is the usual hair-pin bendy sort, but well maintained. You need not be concerned.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi, we came back from belle plagne last saturday 3rd march. fantastic skiing. loads of fresh powder. bit blizzardy right at the top and roche de mio and glacier closed a few times but snow was great
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
janey, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Glad to hear you had good snow.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
janey, sounds sweet! I can't wait until we get there. I'm just going through linking turns in my head just about every minute of the day and I'm getting the itch now - just want to ditch work and get there... NOW!!! Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Specialman, Bight sunshine and clear skies today and forecast to continue for the rest of the week. Road to resort is clear and superb conditions can be found above Plagne centre. Lunchtime in Montalbert the temperature was nudging +18c. It's 9c now (6.15pm). Spring conditions all around snowHead Very Happy
Bring some factor 30 suncream, stronger if bringing kids Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin, .....I'm back out tomorrow ......looks like some T-Shirts are in order....

....+18c .....aaargh..!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BernardC, We are home tomorrow Laughing
Your pistes are holding well but a slush fest in the afternoon!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We left La plagne centre Saturday the 10th weather was perfect with a little snow predicted early this week and cold temps, great skiing. Chambery airport was in chaos though.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Latest good news bad news from La Plagne Toofy Grin

http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/News.htm
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Latest update from Romain about La Plagne for the coming season......

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mon plaisir snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If you are a fan of La Plagne or have wondered about the history of how a ski resort develops, a history of La Plagne is now translated into English on Romain's website.
http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/History.htm
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Latest La Plagne news in English....
snow report
boredsurfin wrote:
Latest La Plagne news in English....

The new resevoir being built at the top of Pierre Blanches to service Montchavin and Les Coches should make a difference there. Always thought the planning of the Vanoise was a bit shortsighted. Should be a lift as soon as you come of it. That small run to the Les Coches lift was very ropey a lot of last season and is a critical artery for the area.

snow conditions
gwaelod wrote:
Should be a lift as soon as you come of it. That small run to the Les Coches lift was very ropey a lot of last season and is a critical artery for the area.

The project of a lift between Vanoise Express and Pierres Blanches has been evoked...
But...many projects are only evoked in La Plagne !
snow report
RG wrote:
gwaelod wrote:
Should be a lift as soon as you come of it. That small run to the Les Coches lift was very ropey a lot of last season and is a critical artery for the area.

The project of a lift between Vanoise Express and Pierres Blanches has been evoked...
But...many projects are only evoked in La Plagne !

I also read recentlyy that the second gongola in Les Coches that you meet from the Vanoise was supposed to link straight up to the top of Dos Rond but was cancelled due to cost. A bit shortsighted Mad
latest report
gwaelod wrote:
I also read recently

Maybe it was on my site.
The Lac Noir Gondola was projected between Les Coches and le Dos Rond. But in 1993, due the econonomic crisis, the second part of the project was abandoned.
latest report
RG,

Yes it was. A great site to. Very Happy It is very annoying when you come of the Vanoise the way to get back to Arpette. Do you go down the icy wall of death to Montchavin (if there is snow Sad ) or toddle along to Les Coches. Take of your skis for the short gondola ride then a small ski then another chair. All seems a bit disjointed for a major artery to the area. Puzzled

Love the summer news updates by the way. Found La Source run last year. Its one of these reds that should be black? Can't wait to see what work they have done in removing the flat bits at the top Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
After The Vanoise, I go toward Les Coches, to Plan Bois Chair or Lac Noir gondola, that's the shorter way...
I go back from La Plagne today, many news comming soon (today) on www.PERSo-LAPLAGNE.fr ! Les Sources is now an hard blue, but will stay a red slope...

RG Wink
snow conditions
RG wrote:
After The Vanoise, I go toward Les Coches, to Plan Bois Chair or Lac Noir gondola, that's the shorter way...
I go back from La Plagne today, many news comming soon (today) on www.PERSo-LAPLAGNE.fr ! Les Sources is now an hard blue, but will stay a red slope...

RG Wink

Hard blue Puzzled If that big slope is still in the middle of it I am surprised as I have seen many a person with brown pants on it Embarassed Embarassed Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
Hard blue...hummmm sorry Wink

= A blue slope more difficult than others... The re-modelling is very very very hard...
latest report
RG wrote:
Hard blue...hummmm sorry Wink

= A blue slope more difficult than others... The re-modelling is very very very hard...

Don't you mean black then. Blue is seen as easier than red Puzzled It is already a red so would be surprised if the re-modelling made it easier as the easy bits were at the top where it was a bit flat and that is what they have re-modelled. Very Happy
latest report
You'll see on photos that the slope re-modelled will be easier !
ski holidays
RG wrote:
You'll see on photos that the slope re-modelled will be easier !

Sad Sad

Wanted it made harder....
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy