Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

esf feedback

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey Doc,
Do you mean a snake? we have no crocodiles in Morzine!
I'm not sure it was deliberate when they skied through your class. It happens, especially when the class is spread out like in a human slalom. I have accidentally skied through other instructors classes before, as I'm sure every instructor has. It happens to me every week, not just with other esf instructors, but BASS, E2SA and MINT. Usually if they realise I get an apology, and if I realise I aplogise. The problem with human slalom is that the class takes a lot of space vertically, and so prevents other people from passing especially those who cannot ski shorter radius turns.
Yes esf classes are bigger, but much cheaper. british schools are by comparison tiny and have lower overheads. You can't have everything. If you want to pay more for a smaller class size, that is the custommers choice.
Yes its true there are certain elements within the esf who do not respect the other ski schools, but when i ask why, the general answer is that they don't put anything back into the community. ( i.e. sponsoring events, local teams,disabled programmes, local charities.) I think that if they did that they would be much better accepted.
I have experienced BASS lessons too, and children cry in them too. Usually they want to be with their parents. French kids are independent from their parents earlier than English kids,( they start school earlier) and certainly in my experience less fussed over. Obviously as a Brit I am aware of this difference in Culture and make allowances for that in my lessons. But with French instructors, some don't realise this different need.
Many Esf instructors prefer English clients, because you generally are more sporty and active, and always positive whatever the weather! Our cup is generally half full rather than half empty. .
Happy skiing.... Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
geri, I bet the boarding instructor had a bad day and was probably just getting his own back, having peeps come in from behind happens all the time to us boarders Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
crasher, Good on you for speaking out. Xenophobia is a tad prevalent around here ... although it is fair to say that the 'numbers' of ESF instructors and their distinctive outfits are always more likely to draw attention.

I once had lessons with BASS as well, I haven't said it for some time but .... NEVER again.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Having just returned from Les Carroz, we saw plenty of large ESF classes - one class of 5 yr olds had 11 children in it, I was asked to go on the chair lift with one little french 5 yr old from an esf class so had the opportunity to count the number and find out the age of the child. As a primary school assistant I know that its hard work doing anything much with 11 5 yr olds..

My children went with Nouvelle Dimension, who limit their classes to 6 under 5's and 9 over 5's. I agree with the other poster who said there does seem to be a lot of tears from the ESF children - and anecdotally one of the children in my daughter's class had tried ESF earlier in the year, and her Mum reported that the only english the instructor spoke was 'please don't cry' as she wept her way through the lesson..
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alicet, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

Mrs Hoppo and HappyMouffe were playing 'count the number of kids in an ESF class' in Val Thorens last week - seemed to fall in the range 12-15...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Mrs Hoppo and HappyMouffe

You mean there's two of us Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
HappyMouffe wrote:
Quote:

Mrs Hoppo and HappyMouffe

You mean there's two of us Evil or Very Mad

I did wonder if he was skiing with a harem Shocked
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
oh dear - I've been rumbled Shocked

please don't hit me
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy