Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

sestriere, any good for beginners?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
last week requested transfer from Prato Nevoso, no snow. TO has today offered Sestriere, olympic village. Does anyone know if ok for two young children, first time skiers. TO will not offer any other accom, and we have to pay to be transfered to this accom, any ideas?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can think of worst places.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jcallaghan1, sorry to be a kiljoy but we turned up at Sestriere last Wednesday and were appalled at the lack of snow in this area and went onto Serre Chevalier. There was virtually no snow below the village at 2000m and SanSacrio(sp) at 1500m had only artifical runs down to it. Admittedly Montgenevre and Claviere has lots more snow but they're on the different side to the mountain.

I appreceiate you probably have fewer options than us and my may require less available terrain but I'd get them to offer elsewhere if humanly possible. If you can get hold of Michelle or Linds they were in the same general area last week in a different resort and may have a more positive take on the snow conditions.

Sorry can't be of more help. Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The problem we had with Sestriere is that they are not very good at telling you which runs are open before you go up the lift. We had to help a learner down a black run (part of the mens downhill) the other year as it was the only way down.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jcallaghan1, I was in Sauze last week and we had lots of folks (including Ski School) coming over from Sestriere to ski in Sauze as the snow wasnt good over there. We had good snow so didnt attempt to go over.
If the snow was better then Sestriere has a fairly large nursery slope area which is good for 1st time skiers.
People talking in the resort were saying Clavier and Montgenevres which are also in the Milky Way area had good snow but that was last week and conditions may have changed since then. Try again with the tour op and see what else (if any) they can/will offer you then do another quick visit onto here.
SCGB have this as the snow report http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/reports/general/report.asp for Sestriere at the moment with a little snow (12cms) forcast for this week.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This is the IGLU webcame for Sestriere. The area shown is the ski school bmeeting place and beginners slopes. It shows snow.

http://www.igluski.com/resortmap.cfm?methd=webcam&rid=223
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I went to Sestriere last year for my first ever ski holiday (I had one lesson at a snowdome before I went!) and I struggled. As Anniegirl said I suffered with finding a run was closed after we'd arrived at it in our beginners group and we ended up having to make our way down a red run. It was one of the most frightening things I'd ever done!!!

This year we went to Kop and had a whale of a time. Much more user friendly (for me anyway!) and we had loads of snow!!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy