Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Banff

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Just done three days in Banff for the first time, to tail off a business trip and sort my wedding there out. Here is my little report

Weather:

On friday it was around -25 so little cold! Saturday, still -10 and high winds at the top. Sunday, Sun came out all guns blazing and pushed it up to +2 degrees!

Conditions:

Sunshine seems to have the best snow. Good coverage, no real problems to report. The odd bare patch on Goats Eye mountain but nothing that cant be avoided

Lake Louise had good conditions also, although few more bare patches there, especially off-piste. Too many boarders for my liking (sorry!) and my new skis were happily boarded over 3 or 4 times. Thought I was back in Courchevel wink Thanks guys!

Norquay was empty today (monday) and was offering great conditions first thing, although needs some snow as some of the double-d's are well moguled right now, which is not my cup of tea. Then the sun came out, and the slush started to appear towards the end of runs. Hopefully, tempeartures will drop again, and some snow would be most welcome.

Hope this helps! Can't wait to go back in December!

ScottyDog
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I just got back form Banff too. Did you here about the bus situation for next year ?? puts me off a bit

Next year the ski buses are only going to run form a central point in Banff rather than picking up at hotels. It is going to mean a long walk for some hotels. It didn't seem clear if the hotels were going to provide shuttle buses to the main pickup point.

Could make the trip to the slopes too long to make it a great place next year
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Buses from a central location Sad

That's bad news and a big mistake, as a massive fan of Banff and the surrounding ski areas, that could make the difference between going there and not.

Is Ken Livingston mayor of Banff as well!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
from what it said in the local paper the ski resorts pay for the transfer buses and they are trying to cut down on costs. The Brewsters depot was mentionsed as a pickup point which is on the way out of town by the railway station, quite a walk.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
the hotels up on tunnel moutain road are surely going to have to run their own bus service - which presumably means higher prices.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There has been a discussion about the bus situation here - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=24629
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
[quote="scottydog"]

Quote:
The odd bare patch on Goats Eye mountain but nothing that cant be avoided

Quote:
Lake Louise had good conditions also, although few more bare patches there, especially off-piste

Quote:
Hopefully, tempeartures will drop again, and some snow would be most welcome.

So the conditions are not as great as reported on various threads on this site & the SCGB site NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy