Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just back from LDA.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Went just for the weekend, but hey we had a great time! Arrived on Friday to a rather dull, rainy day, sorted out our skis and hit the beers!
Set off Sat morning and was disappointed to find the slopes closed above 2100m. due to high winds, So we just got a pass to cover the lower runs and set off!
We played about on the nursery slopes as my friend and I (both nervous novices) needed to find our ski legs, I found the button lifts so much slower and easier than previous experiences, and we soon got into the swing of it.
We then took the 'eggs' upto Les Cretes, the wind eased and more opened. We skied the Petites Cretes and the Cretes which were both great, again the chairlift operators were very forgiving, particularly with small children, slowing it down for them.
My friend and I took the 'eggs' back down as we were unsure of the Chemins des Demoiselles that goes all the down to the village, the Men did though, they said it was ok but very busy and slushy in places.
EASISKI joined us for a drink that evening, it was lovely to meet her, she has such vast knowledge of which she was happy to share! she made recommendations for our next day, and we really appreciated her suggestions, Thanks!!
Sunday we woke upto brilliant sunshine! everything was open so we went straight up to the glacier and skied the Roche Mantel, Puy salle 1 and 2, had lunch then skied the Jandri down to les Cretes. compared to the conditions in Vaujany at Christmas it was fantastic!! lovely soft snow, wide, open, uncrowded runs and beautiful sunshine.
(lost my bottle in Vaujany as it was so icy, LDA has restored my confidence) The runs were better than I expected and I happily tackled all the runs I wanted too, but oh so many, but so little time!
We skied the Cretes again then took a right off the 2 man chair at petites cretes along a lovely empty link to the 2 man chair at the Diable, we were the only ones on the chair upto the top of the Cretes and came back down!
Wonderful! We then finished off with hot chocolate and Baileys! Yum, and came back down, all in all a fantastic weekend, I would recommend LDA to anyone, but personally think its great place to learn to ski, adults and children. Laughing
Will try to add pics later.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
feefee, Sounds like you had a great time - I look forward to seeing your pictures snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice one feefee, glad you had a good one. Those Choc Baileys are the dogs doodas ! Twisted Evil
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
feefee, We left on Saturday and the weather was nasty wasn't it? We got day tickets to take our kids up in the eggs but between buying the tickets and getting to the lift - they had closed it down. Thank Goodness - imagine if we'd been stuck at the top!!! Sounds like you had a great day on Sunday though. I too am an LDA convert snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
debbi wrote:
Nice one feefee, glad you had a good one. Those Choc Baileys are the dogs doodas ! Twisted Evil

I have one every night at bedtime - very easy to make!! Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't know about the photo's, no idea how to do it?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
feefee, if you go here http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/index.php (which you can also access via the drop down menu on "snowbase"), you can register and then upload all the photos that you want. Once you have done that, it is very simple to link them into your reports.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ray Zorro, Thanks will give it a go when I'm home later.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lets see if it works! http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/photo/6191
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
feefee, well done, snow looks good too snowHead

If you want to get a picture into a post, it is very simple. You will see some boxes below each of your photos. You click on the button that says "copy to clipboard" and then paste into your post either the linked thumbnail

or the one that says bb code

snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ray Zorro, Now that may be far too complicated! Glad they on there though, just wanted to prove there is snow and lots of it, after the recent comments to our dear easiski!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
feefee, it is dead easy, even I can do it Laughing , just experiment a bit.

Was this your first DIY short trip? Would you do something similar again?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ray Zorro, Yes it was, and yes we definately will! Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy