Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Plane and Helicopter collide in Zell am See

Poster: A snowHead
Plane Crash at Zell Am See, Austria
A sports plane and helicopter collided and crashed into woodland beside a piste in Zell Am See, Austria late this Morning 8 people are reported dead, 7 from the helicopter and the plane's pilot...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6419729.stm

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes i would imagine they are both broken

PS hope evryone is OK
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/03/05/europe/EU-GEN-Austria-Air-Crash.php
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some Photos
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Super Puma Heli, is a fairly large military unit, so not overly surprising there were 7 on board.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks like some of the wreckage landed on the nursery slopes. Very nasty, but could have been worse. A loaded Super Puma can weigh up to 11 tonnes.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not much snow .
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnboy, ssshhhhhhh ! this is a serious topic you're not supposed to snow (lack of )spot !
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnboy, I'm ashamed to say that was my second reaction as well ... glad to know I'm not the only sicko around wink snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Five Swiss, One German, One Frenchman & One Austrian Pilot killed
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The people in the helicopter were aged between 22 and 37. The helicopter pilot was aged 32 and knew the area like the back of his hand. The helicopter pilot confirmed seeing the plane two minutes before the crash in a radio message that was also believed to be heard by the pilot of the plane. There's a lot of speculation at the moment, the pilot of the plane was aged 49 and it is being investigated if he suffered a heart attack or another health problem before the impact.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We we're on the slopes at zell when this happened, just got off the chairlift onto one of the mid level blue runs and we saw a huge plume of smoke come up. It looked like it landed very near the red/black run that runs from the first gondola station back down to shuttdorf.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The Pope flew in the helicopter back in the mid 80's when he was visiting Europe. Last I heard it was believed that a technical problem was to blame.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If it was schuttdorf, then the plane must have just (seconds) taken off, as that is right by the airfield.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Last I heard it was believed that a technical problem was to blame.

As in the 2 aircraft colliding in mid air.

xjenkins, quite a sobering site I would have thought
latest report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
As in the 2 aircraft colliding in mid air.

... as in they both knew the other was in the same vicinity/airspace via radio and could probably see each other before the collision with enough time to avoid each other but still collided.
ski holidays
That close to the slopes there could be all sorts of sudden updraughts or turbulence to cause problems, so that could be a factor as well, but given the visibilty and met at the time, there must be some gross error on the part of one pilot or a serious technical fault. We won't know until the black boxes from the chopper are analyzed (no recorders on light aircraft required), but it must have been something serious.

xjenkins, I hope you weren't affected by this, and I hope that the aftermath is not too serious.

First the funicular fire at Kaprun, now this...
ski holidays
Tragic news.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy