Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arm band type map holder ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know where i can get hold of a arm band map holder,I have seen people wearing them on occasions and really want one myself.What im looking for is a clear plastic fronted unit that is elasticated and will locate on the upper arm.Something that i can make notes of lift closing times,Glance at my planned route for the day etc etc

Regards Mark
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Topsmoke, Dunno where you can get one, but I notice that our instructors also slid a watch face in theirs so that they could easily get the time without needing to burrow under a glove cuff for it as I had to - it might be another useful addition if you get one.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Topsmoke, try a motor bike shop I have seen bikers use them for route notes etc
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have one lurking in the cupboard somewhere - I got it ina ski resort where you were required to have your photo id pass visible at all times. I *think* it was montgenevre back in around 2001 but I'm not 100% certain
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So far I've found (search through the pages as their not at the top):

http://www.loxleyequestrian.co.uk/shop.php?thisPage=3

A medical info. holder, but it does have a small logo on it

Also, one here - the horse riders use them for their TREC competitions

http://www.britishhorse.com/acatalog/BritishHorse_BHS_TREC_85.html - you could easily take out the horse contents, but on the other hand the medical info could also be good to carry for some

also here:

https://kiosk4.ts.com/k;jsessionid=47E8F10C1B8E383AA2CE1745F9ACB9CD.app03?option=2&action=options_list&state=ADDCHOICE&pageid=1

I haven't yet found any that are aimed at other sports though

Its pony club so the band might not be huge - maybe OK for kids
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
How about a Zip-lock bag? Would that work?

Another source might be a canoe shop. They have plastic waterproof map case of different sizes.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Now Megamum: what a brilliant idea - have your watch outside you outfit - why didn't i think of that?
Why not! I too hate that fumble to find the time.
Presumably many modern digitals will pack up in the cold due to battery problems.
Anyone know of a big watch with big display to wear outside your jacket?

As for Map Holder Topsmoke. Not managed to find just what you wanted, but some of these may do.
Hikeandbike
cycletherapy
Safariquip
and Ebay
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Topsmoke,

We also have one of the "old style" ID holder armbands like nbt . We needed something in our Jan trip for Master Bungle's ski pass that we could attach inside his large front pocket as his new ski jacket has no lift pass pocket. The holder is double the size of the credit card style ski pass so may be big enough for what you want. We got it from the ski hire place where they were being sold for 1 Euro - although he couldn't be bothered to open his till so he just gave it to us Razz .

Might be worth having a look in a couple of ski hire shops.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Topsmoke, dunno if you managed to get hold of one or not, but you made me remember that I had one, and I did what you were looking to do and it worked brilliantly. I am an obsessive at looking at the lift map - and the kids hate it when I keep stopping to have a look, so to be able to wear the map on my sleeve worked a real treat - a top tip - thanks snowHead snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy