Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All
Off to Verbier in 2 weeks and just wondered how good the conditions are. I would like to know if its possible to ski back to to the town or the Medran lift.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is at the moment but the snow is very wet and slushy. It's been raining all night, snowline is probably 1900m or so. Snow above 2200 is good although yesterday and today most of the higher lifts (Funispace, Jumbo etc) closed due to high avalanche risk. I would think that when they eventually deem it safe to open the lifts then the snow will be superb higer up on Mont Fort and Attelas. Skiied Savoleyres yesterday and the snow was OK down to about 1900, then started to get very heavy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, lets hope the temp comes down
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am heading out to Verbier of Sunday, any updates of conditions or predictions for snow?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Superb day yesterday, loads of snow higher up, plenty of sun. Slushy lower down but still possible to ski into Medran. Front of Savoleyres looking brown lower down due to high temps (was +6 at midday at Ruinettes - 2200m). Avalanche risk has been downgraded to 3 today but still need to be wary off piste as snow variable and according to the guides poorly bonded. Off piste snow is quite heavy and moist especially lower down but still quite nice to ski in. Pretty good up top however. Weather for rest of week is meant to be intermittent snow with temps dropping towards the end of the week. Was initally predicted a big fall on Wednesday but this seems to have been changed to a more moderate fall.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Snowing now, at resort level all the way to the top. Just skied down in it. Wink

Even after yesterdays warm spell all pistes above 1800m are fantastic.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BGA, cheers for that, looks like I should have a good week Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks lads for the updates,we are off to Verbier on the 17th of March. Keep us informed and i hope to get you a beer in the Mont Fort
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Flying out early early Sunday, so any updates on conditions greatly appreciated, thanks guys
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snow update for me too! Flying out saturday afternoon.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Anything above 2000m is superb! No off-piste really but some surprising fun in lots of places. Tortin is amazing, a little rocky up top but snow is tip-top. Did Rock Garden this morning, quite a treat. Some moderate snowfall tonight, may freshen things up further, not much due after that for a few days, maybe some more sun.

I skinned up to the Monastery at Col de St Bernard on Wednesday. Powder was wind packed but still some worthy turns.

Enjoy it's good... PM me your numbers in case we should happen on a beer...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for the report sounds okay, looks like been quite a warm week.

Thanks for the beer offer, but only skiing in Verbier staying in Champex-Lac
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Arrived back from Verbier today. Had a great week - conditions were the best I've had in my four trips in the past three years. Agree with parlor that Tortin is in great condition, as was Stairway (and Gentianes) on Thursday - still some fresh tracks to be had if the sun appeared for long enough to see Smile. The snow in Savoleyres was lovely yesterday morning as well (apart from the front side).

Very slushy and bare on the last couple of turns back to Medran obviously, but then that's normally been the case when I've been and it's not really important.

Looked to be about 1-2 inches in the resort as we left this morning - looked absolutely stunning as we left. Damn Sad .
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I got back from Verbier last night after a 5 day trip - first time there. Arrived late Wednesday afternoon and skiied from Thursday through to Sunday lunchtime. Thursday was interesting!! Spent the morning over at Savoleyres where the light was varying between sunny and flat. Then in the afternoon we headed up the Medran gondola and the Funispace and the fog completely closed in. Shocked Friday onwards was amazing though and we loved the Tortin run. The fresh snow from Friday night was a real treat as well Very Happy I'd definitely go back although it was a shock to the system being in smokey bars and restaurants after the clean air of Whistler.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
geetee, wrote
Quote:
it was a shock to the system being in smokey bars and restaurants after the clean air of Whistler. Mon Mar 12, 07 12:02

Apparently, from next year France comes in line with the UK and NAmerica. No smoking in restaurants. That'll be a real shock to everyone there.....
snow report
BMF_Skier, you do know that Verbier is in Switzerland and not France?
Of course you did!
snow report
No I was being a bumb assssssssss............ Shock

But surely smoking is already banned in that purer than pure alpine country...?

Obviously not! wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy