Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

geneva

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
got a few hours to kill at geneva airport next week - arrive 11am transfer not till 8pm - can you spend euros at airport and in geneva or do they only take swiss francs - how easy to get from airport into town and back - any ideas how to kill 8 hours around here ( other than sitting in pub) - thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
highet, they'll take Euros, but give change in Swiss Francs.

I'd head for the city if I were you. Much more congenial!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
highet, welcome to snowHead
Yes, you can spend Euros at the Aiport (I think).

To get the train into town will cost you a couple of Francs. All trains go to the main station, and when you get there, come out the main entrance, walk across the square (watching out for trams etc), then walk down the street opposite the station. There are a couple of bars on it. You can walk down to the lake from there, just stay on that road. The main shopping area is on the far side of the lake - just walk over one of the bridges, and about 2 streets in from there are the bigger shops. Going beyond there, you can head up hill to the old town, which is nice for a walk around.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
highet, They don't take euros in the slots in the Ladies loos! Shocked
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
highet, I agree - head for downtown Geneva (where they'll probably take Euros but you'll probably do better with CHF). The train from GVA to town only takes about 10 mins and they run every few minutes. Geneva town isn't thrilling but you can kill a couple of hours pleasantly enough on the lakeside and in the old town, meandering from cafe to cafe. If it's decent weather, you may be able to take a boat trip on the lake if you like that sort of thing. You can definitely have a decent meal there; the 1st class buffet (no train ticket required) at the main railway station used to be an excellent restaurant, but I've a feeling it may have changed since I was last there.

With 8 hours you could go a bit further afield, to Lausanne for example, by train, but it's probably not worth the trouble.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Heck, you could even go skiing! snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh, and they don't take euros in the slots in the left luggage lockers at the station either but there is a manned (personned?) left luggage room but it is more expensive.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
they won't take euros for a newspaper either, though you can get a coffee. The entertainment possibilities of Geneva airport are very quickly exhausted. It makes the town look positively exciting (which is some feat). No prospect of getting out to your resort earlier?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
highet, welcome to snowHead
Yes, you can spend Euros at the Aiport (I think).

To get the train into town will cost you a couple of Francs. All trains go to the main station, and when you get there, come out the main entrance, walk across the square (watching out for trams etc), then walk down the street opposite the station. There are a couple of bars on it. You can walk down to the lake from there, just stay on that road. The main shopping area is on the far side of the lake - just walk over one of the bridges, and about 2 streets in from there are the bigger shops. Going beyond there, you can head up hill to the old town, which is nice for a walk around.

There is a top quality perveyor of kebabs / emporium at the top of the same street The Foxster mentions above.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
highet, hire a car and go to Chamonix for a few hours.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Go into GVA centre far more to do and a little less expensive than the airport. You have plenty of time to walk or take a boat trip around part of the lake. Why would you want to spend such a long time at any airport yet alone Geneva airport. Has to be one of the worst major city airports! Puzzled
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Roy Hockley, strong words; there's plenty of competition. Milan Linnate, for example.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
richmond, Possibly, however Milan is in Italy and as such may not take themselves as serious.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Next week? Easy to kill 8 hours - Geneva motorshow, right by the airport - http://www.salon-auto.ch/en/ starts on the 8th.

Of course if you're there before the 8th... then looking at the posters would be your best bet Wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

they won't take euros for a newspaper either

They took my €uros last week for a Paris match (for Mrs N).

The train station is just beyond Car Hire in arrivals, has a left luggage which is manned. Go to the centre for your 8 hours - the old part of town is delightful. Have a meal and a beer. The Geneva city museum is small and illuminates why the Swiss have got so many banks and are good watchmakers. No freebies sadly. There is a very whacky Contemporary Art Museum in an old warehouse - last time I was there there was a model village made from cornflakes - even the Swiss mice obey notices it seems.

Have a good trip snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy