Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Daughter number 2 getting to grips with it well.....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Here's my number 2 daughter when she first realised she could ski.

http://youtube.com/v/XHGiGZZbm08

The bit of run we are on there is only a bluey (and a bit browny in places) as this was only mid-week and her first trip to the reds/blues up top of the mountain. Later that afternoon she was confident on the red up their and the following day, unstoppable. shame I don't have more vid - it sems the better the kids get the less time there is for filming them.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I love that pleased-with-herself grin at the end. She's looking a lot better than that snow!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers Pam. Yep, snow was a bit sad early last week on that bit of Drouzin le Mont, but in other places there is was really nice. The piste guys managed to do surprsingly well and there was enough there for the kids to start on and for me to have a bit of a play. We spent most of our time skiing from Ardent and Pre la Joux though, where conditions were pretty nice. And even more so at end of week when it chucked down with snow. I'll put a pic up after dinner of same daughter looking pleased with her Chocolat Chaud after coming down a run directly below the Lindarets lift!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great isn't she Pete? Thanks for sharing - I think she must have progressed quicker than my pair - perhaps as she is a bit older and therefore stronger.

I didn't know if it was de rigour to post pics/vid of the kids - would the snowHead 's like to see my pair this year if I posted their videos?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Megamum wrote:
I didn't know if it was de rigour to post pics/vid of the kids - would the snowHead 's like to see my pair this year if I posted their videos?

You know better than to ask a question like that now, don't you? Toofy Grin Ask a question, you'll get a range of answers. Or no answer at all wink Just stick up the video if you want others to see it snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Given the rapid progression of kids in general and noting Pete Millis petemillis', comments about his daughter's rapid progression onto reds etc. is it necessary to wait for the ski schools to take them on to this level or is it safe outside of lessons to take them onto different slopes if they seem competent?

I couldn't take my daughter there, but my Swiss friends could and do take both their kids 7 & 4 to these more advanced areas. Though their 4 year old is still only on the same level of lessons as my daughter. Obviously I would be worried sick whilst she went with them, but that is no reason to hold her back if it would help her. petemillis, how did you decide that your daughter was ready?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Megamum, I didn't decide that she was ready, she decided that for herself and made it clear that she wanted to try some harder runs. To be honest, red runs don't have to be difficult, especially when it's not too busy. You just need a couple of things: one is to be able to turn reasonably confidently, and the other is to know that you can slow down and stop on any hill by turning across it.

Quite often, the only thing that makes a red run harder than a blue is the width of the piste. You often have less width in which to turn. Or you may have bigger bumps. Provided you can turn and stop with a reasonable degree of confidence then any increase in steepness doesn't really make much difference.

A lot of what makes a red harder than a blue is psychological - it's the perceived difficulty of it, but provided you think a couple or few turns ahead (rather than thinking about the bottom of the slope) then you can overcome that quite easily. After all, you're still on terra firma with the same distance to fall to the ground.

I, and I'm sure most parents, find that most of the stress is in worrying about the kids. I know I skied like a right wuss when I was back marking for the kids because I was too worried about them, but after an hour or two it is so obvious that it doesn't worry them, and then it stopped worrying me.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Megamum, Next year she will be gone, a simple speck on the horizon. Can I suggest more lessons for you rolling eyes so that you can film her with a super zoom lense.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, I'm sure you DO know how true that statement is........I have asked DH to sort me out some video footage of her then you will be able to see the proof that statement. It's a pity I couldn't sledge ride down the slope behind her - its about the only way I'd keep up - NB. I thought about writing that last bit about the sledge then realised how insane that is - I would be perfectly content to ride a sledge down a skiing piste so why on earth do I have such a hang up just because I'm standing on the planks instead of sitting on them? Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled

Will buy a super zoon lense in readiness. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I,ve found that most good instructors have already taken them through the trees and over the bumps/jumps already.but kids are funny, took 2 oldest girls 7/9yrs out in afternoon for ski got caught in blizzard,tears and more tears as weather got worse, we cant go any further Im told half way home,20 minutes later the biggest boasts of we skied the blizzard to all and sundry with smiles to match,free hot chocolate from bartender and life is rosier than their cheeks,never did quite explain full detail to mrsshorty Shocked and yes we will have to pick up the pace abit just to get a photo. snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman, too right!! that's what happened with the younger Bungles but this year we solved it by 1) making them ski backwards and 2) Getting a camera crew from TF1 to keep up with them!! Fleeting appearance by Miss Bungle in pink jacket and grey trousers and a little longer by Master Bungle all in beige and looking very small! They are only in the first part of the report as we had to catch our flight whilst the rest of the kids went to the park to practice jumps though Mr Bungle still tries to convince our friends that's him at about 1 min 18 secs!!

Hope this link works - http://s.tf1.fr/FluxJt/jt13d21022007/jt13d21022007r14.asx
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy