Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What size of ski for freestyle?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking of buying a pair of twin tip skis mainly for use on indoor snow/dryslope but occasionally would need them for trips to the real stuff abroad or Scotland if we ever get any that is!

I've been skiing for a few years on and off and also snowboard but i've never done any freestyle skiing yet.

I usually ski 160s i'm 5.7 tall and 9.5 stone what would be the best length to for in twin tip skis?
Also are twin tips ok for on general on piste stuff as well as freestyle?
Would i be better to buy freestyle boots as well or will my Head edge 10.7 be ok for now?

snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think 160cm would be just about right for your height if your planning a bit of park action. If you're skiing freestyle you would normally have the bindings mounted more centrally than you would for normal skiing. Also, if you want to do rails you may want to get your edges de-tuned (blunted). A second hand pair of Salomon 1080's would be a good starter.

I ski on a pair of 158cm Scott P3's, with a more central binding. I'm the same height as you but a bit heavier - these are great for when I venture into the park but I can still carve on the piste and they're good in moguls and ok off piste too. I sometimes struggle a little on ice, because like most twin tips my skis have a fairly soft flex - but I can live with that (means they're pretty forgiving evrywhere else)

As for boots, unless your really serious about freestyle as long as you have a reasonably soft flex in the boot you'll be ok. Dalbello do a good line in free-style boots if you catch the bug.

Hope this helps
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
chaotic, Everything above sounds right, I would recomend going on ebay and grabbing some cheap 1080s or something similar if its for dryslope, they really wreck your skis, and also they are going to take a beating from boxes and rails so its not worth spending a ton straight away!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spindrift, george_1, Thanks for the advice it's much appreciated!!I didn't want to rush out and get a pair without being sure i had the right length in mind!

I'm searching Ebay and end of line sales at the moment as i don't want to spend loads and then find it's not for me also the cheaper they are the less painful it is if i wreck them on dryslope!! Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy