Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Power 120 Binding Adjustment

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
At the risk of looking a total tit...how do you adjust the rear binding position?No catch or whatever obvious to me Confused Now I know it will be simplicity itself(once I know how)but I'm loath to just yank the things until they move.
For those interested...these are fitted to a cracking pair of Line Freestyle Ski's I've just won(stolen really Very Happy )on eBay.Could be throwing some sick moves in the park this season........not!!!Look a fine powder ski though Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowskisnow, if they're like my axial 120s, theres a cross head screw at the back, just above the rail.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowskisnow,
if they're like my axial 120s, stick a large flat headed screwdiver under the metal flap at the back.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
II, yours will be newer than mine then...you don't have the turntabley bit then?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just checked,mine are DM stylee Toofy Grin II, it was the lack of any sort of latch that threw me.Had assumed that the screw was fine,rather than main adjustment.One curious point.If I adjust up to the heel,the binding catches as you push in.For a clean 'snap' you have to have the binding to be half way on the heel point.....and they are Rossignol boots Confused Any views on this?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowskisnow, interesting. Mine didn't when my boots were new but do now...they were originally fitted by a proper technician.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowskisnow - are you sure you've got the forward pressure right? The last time mine were adjusted they took a little while to "settle".

I've got Power 120s on my Aztecs and watched my next door neighbour (who is a proper technician) do them. What he did was:

- screw them a fair bit back 2-3 cm
- close binding
- put in boot into the toe piece and screw the back of the binding forward until there was a couple of mm gap
- open the binding
- put the boot in the binding properly
- screw forward until correct forwards pressure (screw flush)
- open
- close - check forwards pressure
- repeat until the binding closed consistenly.

It took a good 3-4 open and closings before the binding settled down.

I love these bindings. Damn them for changing the design.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PhillipStanton, totally agree with what you say - they do take a bit to "settle", and they are some of the best.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PhillipStanton, I've done pretty much as you describe,apart from opening and closing a good number of times.What seems to be happening is a very slight interference on the heel bulge;if you ease the pressure slightly the binding snaps in.I seriously doubt if there is enough to stop the ski breaking free,but it feels a little odd.Will adjust to your method.........and report back.Cheers all Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy