Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach / Hinterglemm Next week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning guys, We are off to Austria on Saturday, and have a allocation on arrival in either Saalbach or Hinterglemm. as the two resorts are very close together (and as sods law will dictate we will be in a hotel in the middle of the two), I was wondering if given the choice, which resort should we base ourselves from for ski school etc. We will all be in ski school, but two of our friends are only on their second ski trip (and one turns into a nervous wreck when ski's are attached). Any advice greatfully received (apart from spelling advice wink )
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It makes no odds ski-wise. The area is linked so well and the circus is just that, a circuit. Unless you are still at the nursery slope stage (which you are probably not). The ski school action in Saalbach as far as I know is around the bottom of the red Kohlmais bubble. In hinterglemm it is at the bottom of the Zwolferkogel. From the progression to blues point of view, I think I'd prefer Saalbach.

snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
when I was there 2 weeks ago, the beginner slopes at Hinterglemm were in much better condition than in Saalbach, and in general the better skiing was at this end of the valley unless you make for the pistes on the link to Leogang, these were the best in the whole resort. The runs in Saalbach were very badly affected by mild weather and sun, I wouldn't like to be a beginner on them after about 11am.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lenniem, next week you'll have the pleasure of the company of hordes of British ski shop staff, ski reps and ski magazine testers testing 07/08 skis (The SIGB Ski Test or what's now called Slide on Snow!). Based in Saalbach this time, starts monday. Certain Snowheads will be there. I'm still not 100% sure if I'm going to pitch up for 2 days at the end of the week (well, someone has to inject a bit of class). I think you'll be happy either end of the valley... Saalbach better at night, Hinterglemm probably better by day for cruising around. And, if it's allocation on arrival, it sounds like you've got a good deal so be happy.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller wrote:
lenniem, next week you'll have the pleasure of the company of hordes of British ski shop staff, ski reps and ski magazine testers testing 07/08 skis (The SIGB Ski Test or what's now called Slide on Snow!). Based in Saalbach this time, starts monday. Certain Snowheads will be there. I'm still not 100% sure if I'm going to pitch up for 2 days at the end of the week (well, someone has to inject a bit of class). I think you'll be happy either end of the valley... Saalbach better at night, Hinterglemm probably better by day for cruising around. And, if it's allocation on arrival, it sounds like you've got a good deal so be happy.

That would explain the difficulty in booking then! I think we must have caught it lucky when I booked (4 adults, 4* A/O HB <£1800 all in) and it has been snowing since Sunday Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
lenniem, I'm heading that way on sturday too, heard some iffy reports on the snow but there looks to be a little more heading our way so fingers crossed we may be ok Puzzled
How's norfolk, heading that way soon for a spot of fishing wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
duncansarmy, and lenniem, .. if you get a chance to post on conditions out there it would be greatly appreciated ... i'm trying to work out where to go on Thursday and Saalbach is the preferred choice if therre's good enough snow
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If I get the chance I will, but going with the Other half, and as I work in I.T I get moaned at for checking my e-mail because aparently 'I can't staw away from a bl**dy computer for 10 minutes, even on holiday' so I think posting may be difficult, but if I get the chance I will.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RichA, if i find a tinter café i will certainly do so. I am not taking the laptop this year though as it's a royal pain in the ar$e to lug around but as i said if i see a café i'll jump on and let you know how the grassboarding's going Puzzled
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi all, greetings from Saalbach. very quick update while no one is looking wink , Not too bad high up early in the morning, but quickly turns to slush by about lunchtime, gets very busy high up as the day goes on. Nursury slopes are open in the morning but grass by about 3pm. Apre ski fantastic, you would have thought they had never seen beer before, or it was about to run out any time soon the way it is being put away.

plenty of people trying out new gear and having their photo taken, but noone intersted in me and my buddies to ski badly in their gear and feature in their magazines.

why are all the keys in the wrong place on a german keyboard?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cheers lenniem, a mate's cousin is out there as well testing skis so is probably one of the dudes getting photo'd .. he reckons conditions are ok if a bit slushy ... cooling down and more snow coming so hopefully we'll be ok over the weekend
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy