Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where in the Midlands -or Wengen - has a binding checking machine for fat skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A major reason for buying my own skis was that I could keep check of that the bindings were in good nick.

But it hasn't proved as easy as that. Spyderjon's excellent machine cannot cope with the width of my Missions. And when I talked to Lockwoods today, they didn't have a machine at all.

I really do want a machine check. I ruptured my achilles tendon ins a skiing accident last year. I think the binding of the rental ski may have been faulty, and I don't want to rely purely on a techhies experience anymore.

Anyone know where there is a shop reasonably close to Lincolnshire (or Wengen for when I go to the MSB) that can do the checks?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
achilles, In Havant near Portsmouth I'm afraid, but www.filarinskis.co.uk does have such a machine, so if you need a reason to visit the Beautiful South........ Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Central sport have one - middle of the main street in Wengen.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
better check with central sport, I know their binding ski thingymajig isn't that wide.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There's a bloke in Nottingham with a cheap one in his garage.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
marc gledhill, Yup. But as I said, it can't cope with the Missions' width.

stab, thanks, I'll check them out tomorrow - ironically Wengen's easier for me than Hampshire!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
achilles, You should have mentioned it at the weekend.

A couple of weeks ago I tested the bindings on my Sugar Daddy's (99mm underfoot) by clamping the pair of 'skis in the flat' that I use on my Campbell Balancer in my Huber machine & then clamping my SD's to them. It worked fine so long as they're clamped securely. With both of us there we could also take one end each to make sure they don't move. I reckon it's worth a try?

I've drawn up some wide clamps for my machine for off-season manufacture.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon, looks a goer to me. I'll PM you. Thanks.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy