Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sport Olympia, Kitzbuhel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok so after thinking long and hard about it I might aswell tell you about my experience with this shop.

I went to kitzbuhel on a school trip, 3 weeks ago.

I took my own skis, but decided to use the rental skis for the first couple of days because the snow was, mainly grass and rocks.

When we went for the boot and ski fit, they ran out of skis, so they gave out a load of new ones, people thought this was good, but they were mounting the bindings and giving them straight out, arent you supposed to let the glue set for 24 hours?

so after that, we had our first day skiing, about 30% of the skis needed waxing, and at the end of the day the toe piece of one of the bindings dropped off.

So after a trip with the whole school back to Olympia and some very very quick waxing and repair of skis, we went back to the hotel for the night.

The next morning, we were skiing down a very short, quite shallow patch of powder which had appeared over night, I fell over half way down, skis didnt unclip but it wasnt a hard fall so I wasnt too bothered, until i got to my group and realised the heel piece of my binding had ripped straight out of the ski, I only had my binding set to 5, so it really shouldve released.

I had to go to the intersport at the bottom of the cable car and get another pair of skis over dinner, which were amazing, and intersport laughed when we told them about Olympia.

When I took my skis back to Olympia, they just shrugged and chucked me another pair of skis, which I didnt take for quite obvious reasons.

The general opinion of that shop is not to go, and if you are going there, check whether your tour operator uses them, and possible hire some from somewhere else!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy