Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kids - The next step / Possible BASH

Poster: A snowHead
Why don't you all get yourselves and your ankle biters together and book a package with one of the schools operators? This has the following advantages:

- pay up front for the whole thing (transport, accom, equipment, lessons, pass), minimal extras
- you get English-speaking instructors booked specifically for your group
- you get to complain to the rep if you don't like said instructors
- they will lay on a programme of evening ents which keeps your kids occupied while you lurk in the bar
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good idea - but do they go to resorts with decent (advanced) skiing - esp for the adults spending a few hours away from the ankle-biters?
My friend suggested a particular company going to Gressoney - but I was put off when I looked up the resort report.

However if anyone interested in Lizzard's suggestion - our half-term is 16 Feb 08, or "Spring" holiday starting 5th April.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've just googled and found this list of group ski TOs (but not ploughed through it).

http://www.snowlife.org.uk/schools/teachers-guide.asp
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SuburbanSkier,

Try Skibound, they come to Tignes.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SuburbanSkier, that site doesn't seem to work. However:

SkiPlan/Equity: Vars, Serre Chevalier, 2Alpes, Alpe d'Huez, Le Corbier, Montgenevre. Inclusive package includes transport, full board accomodation, pass, equipment, lessons, insurance, evening ents.

SkiBound: Serre Chevalier, Alpe d'Huez, Menuires, Tignes, Valloire, La Clusaz. Package as above.

The above lists are for clubhotel accom - both companies can do you apartments or third party hotels elsewhere. Clubhotels are convenient though - on-site bar catering to adults and kids, venue for evening activities, meeting place. Get a big enough group and a small hotel, and you can have sole occupancy, which gives you a lot of flexibility regarding mealtimes etc.

Other ops are TJM/Skitopia, Interski, Skiclass (part of SkiBound), Crystal Schools (wasn't hugely impressed).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lizzard,
Quote:

you get to complain to the rep if you don't like said instructors

or compliment them if you do Puzzled wink Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My Daughter went with her school to Courmayer with Interski in February 2007. Impressed all round. Very Happy
I'm not Sad Came back a far better skier and now leaves Dad well behind Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boredsurfin, we get a lot more compliments, but the complaints are always louder. Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SuburbanSkier, I put my 12 year old in a magic in motion ski school for park and off piste and she loved it....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
admin, I may be interested in this next year if it is that first full week in April, my son will be 10 then (11 in June) and can ski fairly well. I certainly can't keep up with him. My daughter will I think be busy elsewhere and so I am thinking of the two of us going away together. I was going to post a new thread looking for recommendations for tuition for the two of us but I will keep an eye on this thread.

snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Could this be a possible centre for a snowHeads family holiday bash? http://www.renouveau.asso.fr/uk/nosdestinations-fiche.php?est_id=19&saison=H&formule=2&periode=4&region=11

was descibed here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=113518

I notice that wine is included Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In April this year together with a couple of other instructors (and various parents) we took a group of children from the Norfolk Ski Club to Courchevel and stayed in the Renouveau. This is the second time we have been there and picked up on it from the recommendation made by PG in the above thread. It is certainly a great place to go with a group the accommodation is fairly basic but all rooms have en suite, we were lucky and had a family room which contained a double bedroom a separate room with twin bed and a bathroom and was twice as big as the apartment we had been in Meribel the previous week. The food was OK this year but had been better the year before and consisted of breakfast a packed lunch which you made up from a buffet laid out during breakfast and a three coerce evening meal served in two sittings. During the day the kids skied for 4 hrs with the an ESF instructor and in the afternoon with a NSC instructor. We also included a couple of proper races on the Stade in 1850 a Fleche and a Cristal cup race. We are already planning to return again next year.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boredsurfin, trust me, the wine will be vile.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kevinrhead, Looks Good - where in Courcheval is it?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SuburbanSkier, Centre of 1550 half way between gondola and chair lift
snow conditions
Lizzard wrote:
boredsurfin, trust me, the wine will be vile.

I don't think it's operated by a UK based organisation wink
latest report
boredsurfin, we're quite a small part of the market for nasty 20 litre bag-in-box wine. Guess where the rest of it goes.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy