Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Altibus from Geneva

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks

I'm just about to book an Altibus for 2 from Geneva to Les Houches for next Friday but I have a dumb question!

On the Altibus website they seem to have 2 departure points for the bus - the international sector & the French sector.

I reckon I should be booking for the international sector but I'm not too sure - any advice guys? Also, any advice on how long it might take from touchdown to getting on the bus would be a big help too so I can choose which bus time to book.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
normally if you are flying international you will come into the swiss side of the airport, so book for the international side. When I last got a bus, which was a long time ago, it started in the french sector then tootled round to the other side, just a couple of minutes later. Geneva is quite quick on luggage, though sometimes there's a bit of a wait for the "specials" - skis and boards. I wouldn't book a bus less than an hour after touch down, to be on the safe side but with luck you should be out earlier.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Pam. My flight is due to touch down just after 11am - the next available bus is 1350 so it looks like a spot of lunch & a beer will be the ideal way to lose an hour or so. Perfect really! Thanks again.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What happens if the plane is really late and you miss the bus? I have never booked a French bus from an airport because of that concern. In practice, does it work out?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Probably you could hitch a lift - ask one of those many guys who are standing round with boards, meeting people off planes. It's hard to imagine being in Geneva airport and not being able to get to the Chamonix Valley. If you were going somewhere obscure it might be more difficult.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Also, there are a further 2 Altibuses later in the day - around 4pm & 7pm I think.

If there were spaces left on the bus, I would hope that our tickets would be honoured if we missed the earlier bus.

As you say, there are probably several alternative ways of getting to the Chamonix area but hopefully our flight will arrive on time & we catch our bus as planned. The snow certainly seems to arriving right on cue!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy