Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How Stupid Are We?

Poster: A snowHead
Wednesday morning sees me and three other blokes on our way to Seistriere for a long weekend. Phil and Rob who are organising this trip have decided we can book the apartment accomdation when we get to resort. We've done this sort of thing before in January low season but not in Feb / March - how likely are we to be sleeping in the car or down the mountain? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't think Italian schools have half term holidays but if a lot of French people go there it might be pretty busy; it's still French February school holidays, till 10 March, and this week is one of the Paris weeks, the busiest of the lot. Weekend accommodation is sometimes a bit difficult too, though it may be easier in Italy. Why not get onto the Sestriere tourist office and ask them what they've got? Or is this the new sort of macho ski hol? Anyone who books is a chicken?

Hope you've got waterproof jackets.... wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stevew, Sounds well dodgy to me. Italian schools do have a holiday, but i think they've already had it, but Sestrierre is just over the border .... Good luck. Echo pam w,s good advice.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, Italy now has a half-term during the week of Shrove Tuesday - according to my Italian colleague this is a relatively recent invention...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hoppo, well that was last week, so I suppose this week will be OK, but as easiski says, it's very near France.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stevew, you could always try down in Cesana too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Italian hotel I stayed in last weekwas going to be full of Italian kids this week - not sure if it's a holiday or if they're skiving!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the help - it just confirms my suspisions ..... I'll be onto Phil this evening! Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
in answer to your question........VERY Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stevew, What's the worst case scenario?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, commuting from Turin? I'm sure there'll be accomodation lower down. I'll try to login one the PDA when we get there to update how we got on. I'm the only one with my own ski's and I'd hoped to be able to ski in the afternoon but I might give it a miss and hope we find somewhere to stop!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, sleeping in the car and its -20 outside!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If you want to try a hotel instead, the Hotel Sciatori in Borgata (bottom of Sestriere, where the gondola leaves for Sauze d'Oulx) is out of the resort centre so unlikely to be that full, and they have quite a few triple rooms. We've taken it over a for week in January the last X years, and Massimo (speaks reasonable English) has done us proud.

http://www.hotelsciatorisestriere.it/
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RobW, thanks - printed out info to take along!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
davidpratt15, stevew, To answer the original post, VERY. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
stevew, Michelle and I are going off to Sauze this evening untill late Friday night and it has been snowing so conditions have improved but winds closed the link to Sestriere yesterday rolling eyes
We are in the Hotel Miosotis but normally end up in The Village Pub at the bottom of the Clotes run at the end of the day if you happen to be that way Very Happy
Have a good trip snowHead
ski holidays
stevew, Did you read the La Rosiere snow report where not a single instructorr could be found in La Thuile last week
snow report
Linds wrote:
Hotel Miosotis

I think you can get a cream for that Shocked
latest report
Quote:

I think you can get a cream for that

FenlandSkier, Just cos you would like to be coming with us Laughing
See we managed to pick a hotel for it idea position http://www.flexiblebreaks.com/sauzedoulx/hotels/miasotis/miasotis.htm Laughing rolling eyes snowHead
ski holidays
Linds, rolling eyes that's it... let them think that we've chosen the hotel for the proximity to the slopes NehNeh Laughing
latest report
But Michelle we have, Confused its ski in and ski out to both the piste and the bar Laughing snowHead
snow report
If you don't have any luck, try Claviere as well. We stayed at the Hotel Roma. It was basic but clean and only 30 secs to the first chair in the morning. you can use the chair lift link to get to the rest of the MilkyWay, but it's a lot faster driving. Good links to Montgenevre as well and the ski back over the top from Montgenevre to Claviere is very good.
snow report
i'll be in the miasotis from thursday night onwards with a bunch of mates. very cheered to hear that it's ski in/out. just hope there's enough snow to do that!

have you been before Michelle and Linds?
latest report
goaty, May see you then Laughing
Quote:

just hope there's enough snow to do that!

On the webcam it looks like the Clotes is covered as they use the snow machines to cover the run down to the bottom where the hotel just happens to be situated.
Quote:

have you been before Michelle and Linds?

Been a few times, what time are you arriving?
I will sit in the bar with my snowHead 'heads hat on Laughing
snow report
damn - packed my EoSB, but not my snowHead T... chucked in hand luggage!
ski holidays
we arrive about 11.30 i tink. after tussling with the wonders of ryan air. i'll say hi if i spot you!
snow report
Quote:

we arrive about 11.30 i tink.

I'll be asleep by then rolling eyes
See you at breakfast friday Laughing
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, ?????
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stevew, Just to say it is busy.
snow report
snow in milky way and seistriere appeared c**p decided to go on to serre chevalier after a bit of searching stopping at hotel le rif blanc tonight in monetier les bains and owner paul has organised us in hotel plein sud for 3 more nights lots of faf and tetch and no skiing today due to reroute but snow looks worlds better here at 1500m than seistriere at 2000m got wifi in hotel so more reports to follow
snow report
stevew, The reports we heard were that Sestriere was rubbish and the ski schools were bringing them over to Sauze but on Thursday a group got stuck when the winds closed the linking lifts so they had to send coaches to collect them.
We were lucky with 3 days of great skiing but then it may have been different if this had been our only trip. We even had a morning of powder Shocked although this very quickly got tracked out. Clotes to the bottom was wearing very thin by Friday but there was more than enough for us to play in for 3 days.
Montgenevres and Clavier had snow on Wednesday/Thursday and both resorts were meant to be in really good condition.

We managed to meet up with goaty, and without realising it had skied (adopted) one of her friends the day before to ski with us Laughing
goaty, Apologies Embarassed I haddnt noticed your post saying you were staying in the same place as us rolling eyes
I suppose it didnt help that we didnt spot you were female as well Embarassed
latest report
Linds ... so who was it that said stevew and his mates were in the bar in Sauze rolling eyes Laughing
goaty, good to meet you - hope that the rest of the weekend was brilliant!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 3-03-07 15:10; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
stevew, Surprised you didn't twig it wasMichelle, & Linds, > not often you see girlies doing Yards of Ale.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, NehNeh NehNeh
latest report
I thought it was goaty, who said there were 3 snowHead in the bar Puzzled but being the dedicated skiers that we are M we were of course already tucked up in bed dreaming of the powder the following day Little Angel wink
snow report
well had a great time in Serre Chevalier .. any sightings of us in Sauze must have been beer induced. Stayed in Montier for all 4 nights found a stop nearer the village centre than Paul had found us. Great skiing all 4 days had powder on both Friday and Saturday mornings but got tracked out quickly snow down to resort level was a little slushy but nothing to bad. Had to get the bus back from Villeneuve (sp) on the Saturday as the Balme lift was closed due to avalanch risk.

Would I do it again - maybe not still in french hols but not booking gave us the option to move resort when there was little snow in our original destination.

Michelle, how much of the Milky Way was open it seen like very few of the links were open by ski and most of the lower runs were just artifical with no other snow around them.
snow conditions
good to meet you guys, too! our friend who couldn't ski (the gobby blonde guy!) was skiing reds by the end of the weekend but not with what i would describe as great style!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy