Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva/Grenobal Transfers to LDA

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Unfortunatly this easter the uni ski trip falls on the week in which I have to hand in my dissatertation (and ESOB is over the week when i have my group project hand in.) so im stuck organising my own ski trip this easter.

Ive managed to find a couple of good deals on accomerdation, and found some BA flights to geneva which are (just) affordable (after last summer i dont fancy risking Easy Jet again!) but im a bit stuck on finding prices for the transfers.

At the moment im looking at accomerdation in 3 resorts (LDA, Teigns and VT), but after going through the list of transfer companys on the wasteland website I cant seem to find anything sutible.
So i was hopeing that some clever snowhead can tell me roughly how much the transfer should cost p.p. and where i should be looking to book it.

ATM theres only me and my flatmate going, but hopefully once i have the price i can badger some more into joining us snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 27-02-07 0:21; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We used www.altibus.com for the outward leg... it was about £45 per head Geneva to VT one way. We used http://www.3vt.co.uk/ on the return, flippin' expensive for 2 - cheaper than the bus if you can get >4 in - they will do shared transfers but only for people on the same flight.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
the_fatadder, the transfer cost is always a lot more than you want to pay, especially with only 2 of you! I think even the buses are pricey. You could perhaps look at the cost of a cheap last minute TO deal?

Hope it works out. One tip on your dissertation; use the spellchecker.... snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
as an alternative, ive also found flights into Grenoble for a similar price.
the transfer to LDA looks pritty promising (i found the www.bensbus.co.uk link in another thread.) but their website dosnt show past the 14th April.

So I was just wondering how difficult it would be to travel from LDA back to Grenoble using public transport?

I have had a look at tour opps offers, and found a couple which look appealing. right up untill i read that its another hundred quid for the lift pass!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

right up untill i read that its another hundred quid for the lift pass!

But you always have to buy a lift pass, however you get there! Doesn't make any difference, really. If you're on a v tight budget you could wait for last minute TO offers - if you're looking at the second half of April you'll probably be restricted to a few high places, but LDA could be good. I don't know about buses from Grenoble - but someone will. The airport is to hell and gone, middle of nowhere, miles from Grenoble, that's for sure, and in the wrong direction. Put the question on the LDA thread and you'll get some helpful replies, I'm sure.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The prices im currently compairing with are for a 3 bed apartment abouve the yetti in lda works out at the barginous price of £133 for the week including the lift pass (with wasteland) works out at about 245 each when the flights are added.

will go and post in the LDA thread now...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy