Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Choosing goggles

Poster: A snowHead
Just bought my first helmet and am wondering about goggles - in the past I only wore them in poor light. What kind of universal lense should I go for?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
grandmotte, Welcome to snowHeads.

May I suggest you using the search function as there's load of stuff re googles etc.

My eyes are pretty light sensitive so don't think that there's a lense that's really good for all light levels so I've gone with the Oakley Fire Iridium for mid to bright light & their Hi Yellow for low to mid light. If you wanted just one lens then I'd good for the Persimmon. IMO Oakley have the best lenses on the market but they are pricey in the UK/Europe so if you can buy in the US you'll save a load, especially with the current exchange rate.

If you're a helmet wearer you certainly need to demo in store to check fit/compatability etc.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd suggest a persimmon lens is a good one to start with. I have a Fire Iridium lens in my Oakleys.

Whatever you go for, make sure they are double lenses, and make sure they fit with your helmet.

(oh, and Welcome to snowHead)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
How do you find the Fire Iridium in flat light Wear The Fox Hat? I've got the blue version in mine and it worked well in just about everything from whiteout through to bright sunlight a few weeks back. The only time it felt a bit heavy was at the end of the day as it was getting a bit darker and the light was a little flat.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
FenlandSkier, I think they are very good in flat light. ...but, if you want a lens just for low/flat light, I'd suggest going for the High Intensity blue or yellow.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Does everyone always where goggles or glasses? For the first time ever this year a went most of the week without wearing any, except in poorer conditions, and felt quite comfortable, i have been told that this can be bad for your eyes, is this true? Perhaps the sun just wasnt very bright!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FenlandSkier, the High Intensity yellow ones are the one I got after Austria!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
davidpratt15, yes, it's bad for your eyes - even on cloudy days - lots of UV rays around to cause damage.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
davidpratt15, Wear The Fox Hat is right, just ask BlythT after last years Eosb Wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks, Wear The Fox Hat, i shall not be doing it again
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
davidpratt15, you don't want acute ultravoilet keratoconjunctivitis (snow conjunctivitis) - 'tis very uncomfortable. That said, there were some occasions I was on the snow last week with no goggles when I was helping the kids and I was really comfortable. But when I tried skiing the cold wind was a bit of a pain with the ol' contact lenses. It was worse last year when the temps were much lower. Biggest problem I had this year skiing was a bad reaction to a moulting hairy pussy and also smoke from the fire.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
petemillis, that must have made your eyes water Sad
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
petemillis, Biggest problem I had this year skiing was a bad reaction to a moulting hairy pussy and also smoke from the fire.

That sounds lik hell of a problem, I didn't come across any thing like that n Morzine Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
petemillis, you know you can get cream for that ?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
anyone know where you can get cheap fashonable polarized sunglasseS? Puzzled
ski holidays
jollykay wrote:
anyone know where you can get cheap fashonable polarized sunglasseS? Puzzled

Ebay, many many cheap pairs of sunnies on there.
latest report
FenlandSkier wrote:
Ebay, many many cheap pairs of sunnies on there.

Mostly fakes Shocked
latest report
That'll be why they're cheap then Very Happy
I bought mine in resort specifically for the conditions at the time (too sunny sat without shades on Les Lutins terrace at LDA Toofy Grin )
I'd only buy online if I knew the frames would fit right and I'd already tried the lens colour out.
snow conditions
Welcome Grandmotte, I'd recommend the Dianese race goggles with the darker orange tint. They fit with the helmet really well.
ski holidays
jollykay, Fostor Grant's from your local pharmacy - well fashionable!

Ebay is worth checking - not everything on there is fake. There are many bargains to be had - often people buy job lots from liqudators and then flog 'em, hence the low price.
ski holidays
Spyderman, which helmet do you have?
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat, Giro 9.9 with Oakley A Frame/Irridium goggles.
ski holidays
I've got the Dragon DXS with blue ionized lens which seem to work well in pretty much all conditions so far! They also came with a free amber lens. They work fine with my helmet and they were a lot cheaper than Oakleys. I paid £75 for mine but i've seen them go on Ebay for around £40-£50.

If possible take your helmet when you go looking for goggles as some will fit with your helmet better than others!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy