Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Sorlin D'Arves - Just got back

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Got back yesterday from school trip to St Sorlin. Was scorching hot all week.

Upper Pistes were in good nick but no real off piste opportunities. Lower slopes were good in morning but a bit slushy by afternoon.

Been snowing there this weekend since we left and the snow will be well recieved in the resort!

All our kids enjoyed themselves and will probably head back next year for the 8th time
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
garethjomo, I was there the previous week for the 2nd year running. We had 3 hot, sunny days, 2 wet/snowy and I overcast. I like the place, it's busy but not intolerably so, in February. We noticed there were more Brits there this year, I bet you've noticed a lot of changes over 8 years.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Colin B, Lots of changes. Used to be just the 3 man and 4 man from resort and a load of drag lifts. The two 6 man chairs to get to the top of the resort have totally changed the ski area opening up the 4th largest ski area in France. I noticed a lot of Brit voices on the slopes. When we first went was an almost entirely French Resort. There are also a lot of Belgians and Dutch in resort now. Its a brilliant resort for beginners and families but our more experienced skiers were really tested too. I'll be putting a big video on school web site soon. Will post a link.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
garethjomo, I think the best runs in the St Sorlin area are accessed from the top of the 3 man and it's pretty quiet up there too. Some of the drag lifts are very fierce though. I only had a St Sorlin pass this year as my daughter had a private lesson at 2 which didn't really leave time to get to the other areas and back. I only got as far as L'Ouillon this year.

They do seem to have problems keeping the top open though. This year it was closed for about 2 days and the previous year 3 I think. I also think they will have to upgrade some of the lifts as it continues to grow. There were more new apartments at the top end this year. I got stuck on the 3 man (which is very old and slow) for 30 minutes and my daughter's instructor had been stuck for a hour (with a class full of sobbing kids) a couple of weeks before.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
3 man in St Sorlin is oldest and slowest lift i've ever been on and the operator was calling our kids 'stupid roast beefs' in french. Right about those drags. Lift you clean off the floor.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy