Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire in Les Deux Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does know about the ski hire shops in Les Deux Alpes?
I'll be there in March, staying at the Club Med which looks like it's near Rue du Grand Plan on the map, so the nearest shops I can find are:

SkiSet - Brun Sports, 5 Place Des Deux Alpes
    Intersport - IMMEUBLE LE STELLALPE (Centre Station)
    La Skirie (Sport 2000) - 70 Ave de la Muzelle

Here's what each of them list as their range or skis, I ski blues and reds comfortably, with maybe the odd black or off-piste thrown in, if you're familar with any of these skis I'd welcome your guidance on which would be most suitable.

Brun Sports:
    Silver (intermediate) - Rossignol Actys Limited or similar €63
    Gold (experienced) - Dynastar Contact 8 or similar €77

Intersport:
    Top Performance (DYNASTAR Trouble or ROSSIGNOL X Fight 660 or similar) €63
    VIP Prestige (SALOMON Equipe GC or similar) €82
    VIP Freeride (ROSSIGNOL B3 RTL or similar) €82

La Skirie
    Intermediate Skis €67
    Advanced Skis €80

Any help with this would be appreciated, there's too much choice Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
None of those is anywhere near Club Med - it's in the Village at 1800m, miles from resort centre.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh! Embarassed Good map!

In that case, I think there are 2 SkiSet shops in the village, only details they give are Sport Village I and Sports Village II, or an Intersport at 22 AV DE LA MUZELLE.
Are these likely to be within walking distance?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
zebedee, Have you looked at the map on http://www.les2alpes.com? I think the Intersport is again far away but the other 2 look pretty close. Don't book on the link on that site though the prices quoted are far higher than on skiset.com.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 25-02-07 7:53; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The SkiSet shops are easily walkable - across the road and up some steps. Doesn't Club Med offer in-house ski hire though?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
zebedee, Forget all that, bite the navette (free bus) bullett and go to Ski Extreme. You can reserve gear on my website, and they are I fully believe, the best value in LDA. Always take the trouble to get it right, regardless of how busy they are, measure your feet, every pair of skis is properly serviced every time they come back, and they don't have the rubbish "rental" stock - all proper skis. They will probably take you and your equipment back to Club Med if you ask nicely, and on the last day you can pop your trainers in a rucksack, ski back to the shop and then bus or walk back to the Village.

I don't think you'll be exploring much of LDA staying up there, but if you like a lively scene there are plenty of young Dutchies in the Village (now re-named LDA 1800). Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for that easiski, I'll look into it. I have boots, so it's just a matter of getting a decent pair of skis for a reasonable price.
I think you might be right about missing out on the action staying there, being all inclusive seems convenient but I wouldn't be happy to go home without being out of the hotel. I'm sure it will be nice, but I doubt I would do it the same way next time.

Lizzard, Club Med do their own ski hire and I will have to check the price but I remember that it seemed quite expensive, I also saw a discussion on here on the same topic regarding the Club Med in Serre Chevalier. It's just a question of paying the inflated prices and having the convenience or going elsewhere out of principle. We should get there mid afternoon on the Saturday so it might be nice to have an excuse to get out and do something, unlikely to be enough time to get any skiing in though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
zebedee, Most of the lifts are currently open until 17.15 and some until 17.30 ... If it's sunny you can still see quite well. Shock
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Does anyone know if you need a lift pass to use the free bus?

I would plan to pick up skis on the evening of arrival but know that it's common to not get the lift pass until the next morning (supplied by Club Med)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
zebedee, No - the bus is FREE Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
easiski, thanks Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
zebedee, I would 2nd Ski Extreme. Delightful service and very good gear.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy