Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Children's ski Harness/reins

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We are taking our 3yr old son skiing next saturday and have suddenly thought it might be a good idea to get some reins/ski harness. We are pretty sure he will love it and have visions of him racing off down the slope with us trying to catch him. We are both good skiers but kids do go fast! Has anyone got any advice and tips on where to get one quickly - am willing to buy one second-hand if anyone has one!
Many thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
clareholyoak, Pet-city?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was just about to do a Google for child and bondage and then realised . . . Shocked just HOW STUPID that would be.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Masque, That's almost funny coming from you.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
clareholyoak, I think I've seen them stocked in Snow and Rock.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Harness? not sure if I would want that get in the way and trip you both up and you landing on little one is gonna cause pain.... I have done two trips with small ones and found that skiing with them between your legs and if they progress to your side using your poles as support works well, any problems ans I found most times we could just pick them up and ski on or subtle control their speed and direction with the edge of your ski ........ we managed reasonably, apart from James going at a bank of snow day 2 as if it were a ski jump laughable afterwards but scary at the time as we get to the bank with him 20 foot below, no damage.... rather than a harness buy a helmet, goggles and mitts
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
clareholyoak, I have one (somewhere!) and used it on a couple of trips. They're good when your kid is small and light cos you can literally pick them up like a suitcase when you've had enough and march off to the bar... it has a handle on the back. That was the only reason for having a full harness that I could see. It was often a real palava getting it on and off (and I GUARANTEE little 'un will want the loo immediately you've finished harnessing them up). So, given that the main reason for having one is to act as a brake on your kid's speed, I resorted to just using a waist band that I could clip on and off quickly. That said, you're kid still has to learn for him/herself how to put the brakes on at some stage. I reckon they're better off with no harness but plenty of time in the kiddie fun park or getting in some miles on v gentle slopes where they can just run out to a stop.

Got mine Snow+Rock mail order. Also got Edgy Wedgies to stop skis crossing and, again, I'm not sure they're worth it as kids naturally adopt a more legs apart, weight back stance.

David_S, harness and lead is far safer than between legs (and kinder to your back!)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi
Have just bought one from ebay. Thanks for all your replies. Clare
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy