Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It's chucking it down in Chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Blimey! it's been snowing on and off about 1,300m all day but now it's seriously dumping outside the house. About 3cm in the last 40 mins...

So nearly a perfect sensory experience; lovely snowy weather and confit de canard plus potatoes in goose fat in the oven. Marvellous!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Murdoch, snowHead You lucky, lucky boy snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
...and grateful for it! Woo Hoo!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Off to Val d'Isere tomorrow, so very, very, very happy in this house. Got some off piste booked with the Development Centre on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kramer wrote:
Off to Val d'Isere tomorrow, so very, very, very happy in this house. Got some off piste booked with the Development Centre on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Great timing! I'm off to Zinal on Thursday and looking forward to good conditions Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Pah. Tipped it down here until about 3pm, at which point I had to start work. Twisted Evil
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's now all turned to mud. But should stay good up on my "GRANDMA'S T!TS"
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Friend texted this afternoon to say mandatory snow chains from bourg up to val, so I guess it's snowing.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well, we had a splendid day playing with beacons and digging snow holes with Lars and Varri from www.mountainpenguins.com. Snowing above 1,200 most of the day - although we awoke to arounnd 10-15cms in town. Somewhere between 40-50cms fresh above 1,500m I think. A bit heavy but just what we needed.

Puking it down as we left this evening making for an interesting drive. Looks forecast to remain precipitous and unstable all week. Marvellous.

Incidentally, the Dobermann SL-Rs seem perfectly entertaining in the deep stuff. Who needs these 90mm waists anyway?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Still falling nicely - here's the garden 5 mins ago. Altitude 1,070 amsl.

snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
such a shame we were only there from thursday to monday as it is absolutely dumping! I heartedly advise anyone with freetime and cash to book a week out in chamonix right now!

Conditions when this storm clears will be second to none!

Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Planning on taking either Friday and/or Monday off to head somewhere. Chamonix is the usual destination but with the French school holidays I would like to try out La Thuile. The winter tyres might be seeing some snow action this year after all !! Gotta sit and wait and see what happens to the freezing levels first though....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
plectrum, Bro-in-law had a storming day up le Tour yesterday. 50cm of freshest, fluffiest, etc. Jealous...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Off to Cham this Weekend but the forecsat is for up to another 1m of snow before then and potentially bad weather over the W/E so may not be great.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
David Murdoch, And the dig dump is tommorow night!
latest report
12th March I'll be there....don't use it all up! Happy
ski holidays
awksquawk, me too! Hoping the snow hasn't all come a week too early for us. snowHead
ski holidays
rainman, how about you change your name? According to snow-forecast it's going to rain all next week in Chamonix town. The forecast for 1600m at Notre Dame de Bellecombe says that light snow will be "washed away by heavy rain". First time I've seen that cheerful use of words on snow-forecast. Sad
snow conditions
rainman, Nah, no way...it'll be great!
snow conditions
pam w, your wish is my command! And since when has snow-forecast ever been a reliable source?! I have a membership, but still take it with a hefty pinch of salt - they're usually way out with the amount of snow, so hopefully with the rain, too. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Quote:

they're usually way out with the amount of snow, so hopefully with the rain, too

Agree totally Snowman Laughing . They have under-forecast practically every big dump in the last three years, in our neck of the French Alps. However, the bigger picture which is giving rise to the high FLs and upcoming milder weather is not of snow-forecast's making and is being given a fair bit of credence on snowpass.com too. I notice that the Chamonix Meteo forecast tends to give a lower "limite pluie/neige" than some of the others, so let's hope they're right.
ski holidays
Most slopes across the Alps below roughly 1500m will see some rain in the next few days. It is getting milder in the short-term, and Spring is around the corner.
snow report
Bloody hell Whitegold, you are the doomsday forecaster!
snow report
Cedric, Isn't he just? Talk about the glass being half empty! I'll bet life round his house is a barrel of laughs!
ski holidays
Cedric wrote:
Bloody hell Whitegold, you are the doomsday forecaster!

It's a close call between Whitegold and Stanton. Wink
ski holidays
The guys have just got back from skiing, so far they've refused to answer any of my questions about their day. Once the cramp from grinning sets in i might get a reply, although out of saftey for them selves the conditions had better had been $HITE.
ski holidays
Quote:

Spring is around the corner

I have firmly relegated Spring to after Easter this year.
ski holidays
pam w, frankly, I'm never that surprised to find Spring around the corner, in March! I've never had anything but excellent conditions in the first two weeks of March, and remain convinced this year will be no different. Try as you might, Whitegold, Im not going to let your doom-filled predictions dampen my excitement. 12 days to go!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
March is definitely going to be the best month of the season, closely followed by April.
snow report
Whitegold, Just as well that all the skiing in Chamonix (just about) is above 1,500m then, innit?

pam w, Snow-forecursed are anticipating 33 cms for the whole of tomorrow at ~2,500m. Chamonix meteo say between 60-80cms at 1,800m. I know who I believe...
latest report
damn chamonix is gettign hit hard with snow! lucky b'tards the french as the season was looking pretty fxxxed and now it looks luvely and white!
snow report
Well to judge by the webcam in Les Saisies village (1600m) it's been snowing there - you can see the wheel tracks down the snow on the road, which looks like it needs ploughing.
ski holidays
Got some accom in Chamonix for Fri -> Mon after a bit of searching today. B&B in Les Praz for 49/night. Sweet. Looking forward to a bit of powder action snowHead

Now got to get a guide for one of the days
ski holidays
David Murdoch, and SMALLZOOKEEPER, , since you guys seem to know a little ( wink ) about the place, in your experience, do the recent dumps suggest that conditions will be good at Easter this year? I know, it's weeks away, but I've never been that late in the season and was just wondering what your expectations were for April skiing this year.

Cheers peeps.

IMT
snow report
Just got back yesterday and there is as much snow above 2000m as I've ever seen in Cham. Unfortunately we had heavy rain and wind on Saturday with very high avalanche risks and only the Gondola run at le Tour open.

Sunday was perfect waetherwise but lethal offpiste with lots of big slides and even some small ones coming down across various marked runs during the day Shocked

On Monday it snowed heavily in the morning above about 2400m. Great skiing but poor visisbility.

There is relatively little snow below about 1300m although it is still easily possible to ski down to Argentierre.

IMT, the prospects for Easter must be excellent. Sooner or later the weather is going to settle down and the snow pack will start to consolidate for some great late season skiing. Right now I wouldn't bet against good skiing well into May. The touring routes are likely to be loaded.
snow report
IMT, I hope to be having great skiing well past closing date (May 9th)...heaps of snow up high...
latest report
Peter S, David Murdoch, Thanks guys, only just over 4 weeks to go....

IMT
latest report
Wahey, just got back from ten days of awesome skiing in Whistler, and can't help but gloat that I am due in chamonix end of next week. Life does not get much better. Bring on the Vallee Blanche!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Diarmuid wrote:
Got some accom in Chamonix for Fri -> Mon after a bit of searching today. B&B in Les Praz for 49/night. Sweet. Looking forward to a bit of powder action snowHead

Now got to get a guide for one of the days

Hi Diarmuid, sorry to interfere with this tread, but I was looking for the place to stay in Chamonix for 4 days in a couple of weeks and I'm not having much of a success.
Would you mind telling with B&B you have found.
snow conditions
sure, it was:

MARMOTTES
15, chemin des Couchires
Les Praz
74400 Chamonix Mont-Blanc
Tel : +33(0)450533128

The lady was very friendly and helpful and it was only about 25 mins walk to center of Chamonix. Definately recommended. The only issue could be availability as there were only 3 double rooms but give it a shot anyway. My friends also found a place out the other side of Cham. If you don't have any luck with this place I will find his number for you.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy