Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Passo Tonale Anyone ?????

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys

Keeping a eye on snow / ski conditions at Tonale, for our week there leaving on 10th March 07. Very Happy

Would really appreciate any reports. snowHead

Cheers.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gorjulin, Welcome to snowHead - I/ve been to PT and did really like it - where are you staying? According to Snow Report, everything is open and levels are pretty good, but seems they've got some sleety stuff at the moment - temps need to drop a bit (like most places!)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Anniepen, thanks for the welcome !

Staying at the Orchidea, although a few choices down the list, it looks ok , I left it late to book and everywhere was filling fast for that week, you could get anywhere for the week before or after, which wasn't an option for us I'm afraid. It had me wondering why so I researched and found that there is a big charity slalom race day/weekend on the 10th march, so as we arrive just after lunch time we might have some entertainment on our 1st day after collecting our hire gear.

I just can't believe my bad luck........ I "found" Tonale about 6 years ago in a brochure and thought I've got to go there, nice and unpopular, history of tons of snow and cheap Italian prices. We are emigrating to Australia in 4 weeks and I thought,from some of the house sale profit I'll treat my daughter and myself to a last week of European skiing. I thought with the weather the way it is I'll have to get somewhere high, Oh! I know.....Passo Tonale. What do I get ? Full resort, low snow levels and I bet the locals have hiked up the price in the last few seasons as it's become more popular !!!

So looking forward to it though !!

Looks like it's going to be a different type of boarding for me in future years, the one that goes with sun and surf !

Cheers.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
gorjulin,

Orchidea is a good hotel. Stayed there in 2002. There will be plenty of snow in Tonale. Recommend the trip to Madonna for the day
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the info johnboy.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Went to tonale last april, it was excellent.
Smile
Snow depth is decent at the moment.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
loffers, Snow depth IS decent, however If you look at the webcams on Adamelloski (google it) you'll see the coverage is actually zero in some places!!! At least the white stuff is on the runs.

I think you'll agree, if you check out the webcams, It's probably a lot different than last year. However, you were there in APRIL which IS quite late, so maybe not.

Would like to know what you think.

Cheers.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gorjulin,
PASSO TONALE: Last snowed: 25 Feb 2007
Fresh snow: 10cm
Lifts open: 18 out of 18
Snow Depths
Lower slopes: 60cm
Upper slopes: 90cm
Piste Information
On piste: Fresh
Off piste: Tracked
Resort runs: Good
More Information: Very good piste conditions, best at top

As you can see things look fine in Passo Tonale, you should get some good boarding / skiing. snowHead

Your right about last year tho, even in april when I was there, snow depths where much more deeper that they are now.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi again gorjulin, a few observations based on my trip this month.

I know the webcam you mean...don't worry it always looks like that. That's a cam of the face which directly catches the sun. In January, 80cm fell in 6 days, then 3 days later the same bits that are green now were peeping through. It's just the way the sun blasts those off piste bits and the snow slides off. On the webcam, the piste going up the centre (Alpe Alta) looks as though it's just a cat-track of snow, but I can assure you it's 100metres wide(see how small the chairs are half way up).

The only issue you may have is cutting between pistes. You might be tempted to think you have the momentum to safely carry a 2 metre patch of grass. You won't Toofy Grin

If you rotated that cam 180 degrees to look at Presana, it would be all-white. Ditto Pontedeligno. On the drive up to resort, the North facing side of the valley was white from 1000m, the south facing side was still significantly green at 1900m.

Having said that, the snow depths from the tourist office are complete fiction.

But i notice there's some significant snow action forecast for next tues/weds...so it could be epic snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
loffers, Looking good!!!

JimiHendrix, that makes me feel a lot better !! Although there is plenty of snow on the runs and the skiing will be good, I really love the snowy scenery. Especially as I'm off to sub-tropical Bribane a week after we return from Tonale, I've got to get some fresh snowy memories to keep me going !!

Cheers
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That should read BRISBANE.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy