Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

40th birthday trip

Poster: A snowHead
hello all

i,m the grand old age of 40 next year , and i,m already planning my next ski trip . i want something really special .
i have been looking at jackson hole with inghams staying at the snow king resort or
switzerland staying in wengen cos i,ve always wanted to go up the jungfraujoch. or
just got the virgin snowsports brochure out and could be whistler and hawaii ?

what did anyone else do on their 40th ? . i want a once in a lifetime experience , one of those holidays where you come back and look at other people around you and smile knowing that you,ve done something they would never ever do !

thank for your advice
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well, I didn't really do anything. Mr HL arranged a surprise dinner but forgot to ask my best friend rolling eyes

I did learn to scuba dive in the Maldives at the even grander age of 46 and now I'm learning to horse ride so I can go on a trekking holiday in Southern Spain. All this on top of plunging into the EoSB on my own with the aim of conquering moguls.

Mr HL is celebrating his 45th tracking Kodiak bears in Alaska - not many people do that.

Now of course most of this is nothing to do with skiing, but what i suppose I'm really saying is once in a lifetime is great, but set out all the things you want to do then go out and do them before you get too old!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'll let you know it two years ! snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
f1l,

I will be 30 this December and am thinking of a luxury trip as well. Considering Lake Louise/ Banff. Was there on honeymoon 2 years ago. Stunning scenery, excellent service, amazing snow and pretty good value.

We did ice walking/ climbing, skidooing and alot of skiing.

PM me if you want to know more.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
f1l, I'm saving my 40th for when I'm 60 in a few years time!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Smokin Joe, Ditto, I'm wondering if I could work in that years EoSB.........Wonder if I'd be good enough by then?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I did go snowboarding, amongst other things, some not mentionable in a family forum, on my 60th, but have just had a family lunch cooked by chef son, with all the others around, and there's not much to beat that, even if it's a few weeks after the event!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, very, very Cool .
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
f1l, Snow king is a bit of a funny place to stay. Not sure I would recommend it unless you have been there before and like it. It is the buildings at the bottom of Jackson Hole's own town hill, and as you know most of the skiing is 25 mins away by bus/car. Snow king hill has variable snow and is very steep, used mainly for locals and others doing race training. It is quite a walk from the town square and most of the shops and restaurants. My wife skied with someone who was staying there a few weeks back, and they said that next time they would go somewhere else.

As to what I did on my 40th birthday... got older. Sad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Had mine in November. Went to Zell Am See mid December and stayed in a very very nice hotel. ant remember name, but its on

www.designhotels.com
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
f1l, like you it's my 40th next year, my birthday is in the middle of Jan my good lady is taking me to see a downhill, either Wengen the week before or Kitz the week after .. have always wanted to do this.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I was 40 in December and wanted to get off the mouse wheel for a while - which is why I took five months off work to do my first ski season and my BASI training.

pam w - nice wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My 40th coincided (nearly) with my getting married. So for 40th went skiing in Mulbach for a week as part of my stag do. Actually spent the evening of 40th handcuffed to a very good looking nurse with a ball and chain attached to my ankle. Austrians struggled with this concept.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cymru am Byth,

Was the nurse Austrian?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I had a lads week in Verbier. Had a great time and gained an intimate knowledge of Mont Fort as seen with my nose hard up against the snow.
snow report
By the sounds of things on here there seems to be quite a number of us 68 babies around - maybe we ought to something collective in 2 years time - a sort of grand 40th b-day bash
ski holidays
Me too, can't believe I'm nearly 40, at 34 I started counting backwards, so am now in late 20's,

Just wish the gut was like it was in my late 20's Happy
snow report
Mr Geetee hired a local pub and organised a party for me which was lovely. Very Happy In fact PhillipStanton and Mrs PhillipStanton bought me a sainthood which was rather kind of them. Then Mr Geetee and I took a three months off work a few months later and went to Whistler. Fantastic! Very Happy
ski holidays
We went to Banff on mine - as a special one-off trip, first time to Canada. Then carried on going to Canada every year since! Toofy Grin Banff was great, with so much to do other than skiing. Dog-sledding, snowshoeing, trip to Jasper across the Columbia Icefields. It was really great but I don't know if it was really one of those once in a lifetime experiences.

For the OHs 50th (coming up in a few years time), we'd really like to go to somewhere like Japan, especially after seeing it on that Holiday programme last week. Looks like great skiing and would combine well with a stay in Kyoto to experience the different culture. We'll see Very Happy
snow report
My 40th at Easter this year Shocked Going to Florida to be hurled around scary rollercoasters for a week then onto Jamaica for a do nothing but drink and relax week! Laughing
snow report
hi i have been surfing and found these

http://www.trailfinders.com/

http://www.jagged-globe.co.uk/course/ferrata.html

http://www.virginholidays.co.uk/brochures/ski/tours/twin_centres/whistlerhawaii/

quite like the idea of thr via ferrata course ( everyone remembers cliffhanger ) or luxury of whistler hawaii ? i,ve skied canada three times but never whistler . everyone who i,ve talked to on lifts etc all think there is nothing to beat it in north america , plus the second week in hawaii i can visit pearl harbour .

i,m still undecided
latest report
f1l, One other suggestion which incorporates North America - go skiing in Mammoth, and drive the California Coastal highway for a few days before or after, get in a trip to Yosemite, or even then take a drive through Death Valley and then have a few days in Las Vegas....yeah Baby, yeah !!
snow conditions
geetee wrote:
In fact PhillipStanton and Mrs PhillipStanton bought me a sainthood which was rather kind of them.

And such good value St Gill of Freckles wink
snow conditions
f1l wrote:

what did anyone else do on their 40th ? . i want a once in a lifetime experience , one of those holidays where you come back and look at other people around you and smile knowing that you,ve done something they would never ever do !

thank for your advice

Gosh, this is a young board! 40 being a biggy? There will be 50, 60 and 70 etc. Each and every one of them more special than the one before. So don't kill yourself on your 40th birthday! ;o)

Kidding aside, what time of the year?

I echo the other suggestion about North America. But I'd say skip the big resorts. Whistler maybe good skiing, but everyone can go there any time they fancy. It's just another ski holiday, albeit maybe a little different local.

If it's in the mid-season (feb/mar), I'd say Taos in New Mexico. But don't spend the entire holiday on snow. Take a tour of the southwest US. It's sunny and warm even in winter. For late season (late March/April), California will have better snow and equally good weather.

Or something truly exortic, Japan. It's not as expensive as most think, though the flight time is a bit on the long side.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 26-02-07 23:14; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
PhillipStanton, I hope you're doing a cyber genuflex as you post to me Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy