Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter on the cheap - including beginners - (and a walker) - Courcheval?

Poster: A snowHead
We like 3v as as there's enough challenging skiing, and I was thinking of one of my kids doing race training. However my sister wants to come too next year, to walk and write, and her kids are beginners so we would want to be near nursery slopes. I seem to remember there's marked walking trails below Courcheval (and someone who leads walks?). Kids ages will be 10 - 15.

Suggestions for village and/or accommodation , and info on walking, would be gratefully received.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ruth Cadbury, I love Courchevel, and often recommend it as a good place to visit, but there will be lots and lots of resorts with marked trails for walkers and snowshoers and the opportunity to get a guide. So if marked woodland trails is a key aspect for you there will be lots of resorts you could choose. Having said that Courchevel is a great resort IMO, with the only drawback being the price as it can be very expensive. For good access to easy slopes near the village I'd say that 1850 or 1650 are your best options, particularly fairly late in the season.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ruth Cadbury, You should consider LDA - if yuo want cheap, we're much more reasonable than the 3V. We have nursery slopes at all levels, and if you stayed in Venosc you could save money (so long as you didn't want a night life) and there'd be lots of walking for your sister. There is still a fair bit of walking (and snow shoeing, even better) at resort level or just below in the forest. Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ruth Cadbury, easiski makes a good point as there were lots of walkers going between Venosc and L2A over the last couple of days. It looked a great walk through the woods/forest/national park.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
2Alpes/Alpe d'Huez - way better walking than Courchevel, good skiing for all concerned. (See blog below, in fact.)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You can get apartments for four people in Les Gets for 250-300 euros for a week that wort of time.

Beautiful village, popular with brits.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

There is still a fair bit of walking (and snow shoeing, even better)

Yes, can thoroughly recommend snow shoeing, which requires no special skills and only a pair of hiking boots. Snowhoes can be hired cheaply. Anyone who enjoys walking would enjoy it, and the feeling of being out under the trees, in the deep snow, is special.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks everyone. But what's the red/black skiing like at LDA? The reviews on the SCGB website suggest that you can ski all these in a couple of days.
I was looking at Plan Peisey/Villandry on the edge of Les Arcs - looks like they might tick the boxes - any thoughts?.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ruth Cadbury, I'm off to LDA for the 2nd week of Easter and DIY it is only just over £500 for 2 (flight/transfer/apartment). I went in January too and I would dispute that you could ski all the red and black runs in a couple of days, there are many there. LDA grading is pretty severe too and many of the blues are pretty tough and would be reds in many other places.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You also get days in Serre Chevalier and ADH included with your lift pass, so if you get bored with what's on offer here you can go somewhere else for the day.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ruth Cadbury, There are lots of good length blacks at L2A. In fact 6 of the 7 routes down are black and IIRC only one of those is pisted daily (and some not at all). There are several others besides those as well. I wouldn't know if they would all be generally available at Easter, but if you posed the same question on easiski's thread, she would be able to tell you for sure.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ruth Cadbury wrote:
Thanks everyone. But what's the red/black skiing like at LDA? The reviews on the SCGB website suggest that you can ski all these in a couple of days.
I was looking at Plan Peisey/Villandry on the edge of Les Arcs - looks like they might tick the boxes - any thoughts?.

Lots of great skiing for all grades available from Peisey/Vallandry, including easy access to the link across to La Plagne for anyone in your group who like to ski far and wide! Smaller and a bit more low key than Courchevel, but cheaper as a result. Good British ski school in Vallandry if anyone wants lessons.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Something you don't often see - "Courcheval" and "cheap" mentioned in the same sentence!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SuburbanSkier, Just one thing that winds me up Toofy Grin It's COURCHEVEL - no horses please Skullie Little Angel
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SuburbanSkier, welcome to showheads, mottaret is in the merible valley next to courcheval and is at the base of a national park with loads of walking and cross country skiing trails, they also offer snowshoeing around lac tueda, check out the links on my site in my signature.
snow conditions
DAVID SNELL, how are you with 'merible'?
ski holidays
Lizzard, a glass of wine too many last night and I managed the double of merible and courcheval, well spotted... I should know better really..
snow report
Meribble to rhyme with terrible?

Cheap Courchevel is an oxymoron.

snowHead
ski holidays
not sure about courchevel always being really expensive, sure 1850 is stupid expensive and some of the mountain restaraunts are silly but 1650 has some cheap chalet hotels which i have stayed at in the past on last minute deals

Chris Bish, I'm a Mottaret man myself and agree with meribble/terrible as a place to stay....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy