Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help needed transferring deposit to austrian B&B

Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks,
Well booked Saalbach for a week on the 03/03/07 and can't wait. Just struggling to get my head around how to pay this deposit which the b&b owners require. I've only had dealings via email and the owners cannot type in english (not criticizing in the least, my german is pants) so i'm having trouble understanding the relevant account details to which i need to make payment. I've translated the email in google and this is what i got;

We ask you höflichst for a pre-payment of euro 100,00 to 28.02.2007 on: Raiffeisen bank Saalbach Hinterglemm BLZ: 35052 Account: 12260 IBAN: AT87 3505 2000 0001 2260 BIC: RVSAAT2S052 (SWIFT) With a-long your pre-payment we see the reservation as confirmed. To your coming family Hagleitner looks forward and wishes you a good journey. Cordial greetings from hall brook.

I'm only used to sort codes and 8 digit account numbers Embarassed

Can anyone help Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
duncansarmy, not really but I do know that to make international transfers you need IBAN/SWIFT codes. I suggest you pay a visit to your bank armed with that info and they should give you a form to fill out supplying them with this info. Good luck!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
duncansarmy, print off the email and trundle off down your local bank and see what they say. Mine started off wanting to charge me £25 to do it in Euros but dropped that after a bit of debate, all went through quite easily in the end.

Funnily enough mine was for a Saalbach B&B as well Shocked
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers folks, quick as ever. Bank in the morning for me then. FenlandSkier, who do you bank with and what was your power of persuation in the end?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
duncansarmy, The IBAN and the BIC ( sort code) are the key, account number is what you see.. .. take down to your bank , but given it's Friday possibly just as well to wait until you get there if they agree as it will be Tuesday before it arrives .. then again gesture of good faith etc.

Dead easy your bank will understand ..
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
duncansarmy, A cheque in Euros is usually cheaper than a transfer. Both are a rip off!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm with TSB. The cashier who served me hadn't done one before and wasn't sure if she'd got the paperwork right so passed me on to a different person. She said it would be better to send it a different way to the one the first one suggested as it would avoid the high fees. I'm not 100% that either of them were right but I was only charged the €100 on my statement.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks guys Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
FenlandSkier, Think you're onto a good deal there. I see loads of other people's money tx via International transfers ... charges range from €20-£26, so not cheap !
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nationwide say £20 for Swift transfers, TSB say http://www.lloydstsb.com/travel/international_payment_charges.asp so it looks like they made a mistake in not charging me Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
duncansarmy wrote:
Cheers folks, quick as ever. Bank in the morning for me then. FenlandSkier, who do you bank with and what was your power of persuation in the end?

I was charged £20 for a SWIFT transfer (to Italy) at the end of July. This was with the Nationwide.

The counter staff there knew exactly what to do, even in Merthyr Tydfil Madeye-Smiley

Your bank should have standard forms into which they will just plug the IBAN and BIC numbers from your email.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
alex_heney, well you obviously don't bank in Cefn Coed .. they still have 'Shotgun-outriders' don't they ? wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Agenterre wrote:
alex_heney, well you obviously don't bank in Cefn Coed .. they still have 'Shotgun-outriders' don't they ? wink

I don't think the concept of "bank" has quite reached there yet Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If you have time - shop around. I foolishly didn't, and yesterday was charged £302 by Natwest to "Relay" a USD payment, to an account in the US, which would have cost me only £277 if I had bought the cash across the same bank's fx counter. I knew there was a £10 charge for the transfer but there is also a hidden charge in the exchange rate they adopt.

Ironically it is still significantly cheaper to purchase a foreign currency draft, but since this has to ordered and then posted to the recipient it is much slower. Worth it to make the bank do more work for less though! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The Nigerians seem to be quite expert at transferring money from accounts... why not e mail one of them with your bank details... Toofy Grin
snow report
The bank charges always seem absurdly high for small amounts. My soluton for 100 euros would be to stick 2 x 50 euro notes in an envelope and post it recorded delivery. (it's actually not recorded delivery for Europe but something very similar & from memory costs less than a fiver)
snow report
Roger King, I did something very similar myself this month, I had to send a deposit of €115 to France, so put the cash in an envelope and sent it first class. A little risky, but it worked. Abbey wanted about £25 for the transfer Evil or Very Mad .
snow conditions
We do get seriously ripped off in this country. Me and my better half have an account in Austria and everyone who stops at our apartment pays straight into our account. With IBAN and BIC, it cost about 1.50€ for each transfer!!! Somewhat cheaper than the £25 they're after in these shores. Oddly enough, if I pay into another bank account in Austria and just use the Austrian sort code and account number it costs more Puzzled so even Austrian to Austrian transfers, we still use the european method. When I pay the guy who looks after our place, we always pay him using the IBAN and BIC.

I say we do get ripped off but we also pay to have a bank account in Austria but it's still peanuts.

Kersh
ski holidays
25 pounds is about average. I was charged 45 Euros for a SWIFT transfer of EUROS from Romania to Austria (both banks were Raifeissen Bank). I don't understand why it was so much since I transfered USD to Switzerland with about 30USD tax, and to United States about 40USD (these were through ING Bank though).
snow report
Lloyds TSB charged me £10 on the basis that I could provide all the details eg numbers, account name, IBAN number, address of payee ABSOLUTELY correctly... if anything is slightly wrong or you don;t have all the data it costs £25
ski holidays
duncansarmy, hello again matey. I've done loads of these via Natwest. Just take that info, tell them you want to send this by a RELAY payment. Will cost you £10.
snow report
duncansarmy,

looks like you will be sharing saalbach with most of the UK ski industry.... the SIGB ski test is on that week too

migth even see you there
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy