Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fernie BC

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys just got back from 11 day trip to Fernie in Canada. Thought I would share our experiences
with all of you in case any of you were interested in going.

First things first the skiing is absolutely awsome. The resort is quite a challanging one,
above halfway up the mountain and the majority of the runs are fairly steep even if some are
still classed as blue runs.(Of course this is being judged against my own abilities, I am a
6th week skier. On a scale of 1-10 in the intermediate bracket lets say a 6).

Both myself and Ms jimmybob are adventurous skiers thought and thats all that counts
here, if your prepared to give it a go then you will love it I promise. An example of this
is the fact that there are not many "cruising" runs on tap, there are 4 fantastic bowls
which are great to pratice and play in and some really challenging blacks (if your into that sort of thing).

Also the main thing you notice is the total lack of people about, sometimes you can be skiing away
and you don't even realise you are on you own having fun with no one watching you it's great.
The snow has to be mentioned and this year to date they have had over 700cm and it shows.
Three nights while there they had over 15cm and from what we were told out there
that is normal!

Away from the slopes the people are so friendly and helpful, from the bar staff and the pistuers
to the bus drivers and the shop staff I can honestly say we didn't meet one unhelpful person there.
We stayed at the Wolfs Den which is slopeside. Lovely clean hotel and ski-in with a 20 yard walk
to the slopes, eating is fairly limited but is on the whole quite cheap and plentiful.
We booked through Inghams on a square deal package, for both of us the total
was just short of £750 for 11 days. Thats really cheap for an across the pond trip.

The only thing slightly negative I would have to say about the place is the upto dateness
of the lift system, only one is a high speed (bear chair) the rest are so slow its frightning
On a cold day(we had a few of those about -10) your hands and feet are willing you down
the slopes to create some energy. The lift passes were £472 for two 8 day tickets

But this is a minor worry and it certainly wouldn't stop me visiting again without a doubt.
This was our first trip to Canada and we were really impressed, if any of you have thought of going there
but not known anything about it or even if you have never heard of Fernie give it a look up its worth every effort
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jimmybob wrote:
The only thing slightly negative I would have to say about the place is the upto dateness
of the lift system, only one is a high speed (bear chair) the rest are so slow its frightning
On a cold day(we had a few of those about -10) your hands and feet are willing you down
the slopes to create some energy.

That's mild - I remember those chairs in -30, the only time skiing I've worn thermal & 2 fleeces & used hand warmers. Great area but some faster lifts would be nice.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am not sulking - honest Very Happy , we were at Fernie almost three weeks ago and the conditions were not nice Sad . Thaw one day then froze and skied on ice, when watching the long term forecast we could see the snow was coming again but after we had gone. Conditions were lovely everywhere else we went during the holiday we were just unlucky at Fernie, but we still had a great time. One day I will get there when the Griz is visiting.

Glad you had a good time, it is a great resort, it was the second time we have been but we skied on ice the previous time too rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anniegirl, I was there from 31st jan - 6th feb, so probably when you were out? I was a bit gutted about no powder but quite enjoyed the conditions except when it was excessively icey - was suprised just how steep and empty it was compared to euro resorts tho.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
toiletduckuk, yes we were Very Happy . We had three days skiing there, from 4th - 8th Feb, thaw on the first day and ice on the other two, it started to snow on the 8th as we were leaving to go up to Kimberley.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
When I was in fernie late dec till mid feb 2 years back it went from very very cold with some fresh pow to 4 days of solid rain top to bottom (I think whistler recorded 50cms of RAIN in those 4 days) followed by 2 weeks of mild weather then the pow came back for our last week or so. Just like Europe North America has mixed seasons - it's all down to that pesky jet stream.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We're going back to Fernie next year, EH.
Went 2 years ago and loved it, EH.
The Currie Bowl skiing & the Curry Bowl food, are calling, EH.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
anyone been to the griz inn?what it like? good location
going in march Very HappyVery Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy