Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

campitello at easter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all ive booked to go to italy easter week , never been to italy before , anybody got any info on this resort best places to ski . i know it on the sella ronda , i ski on my own is it easy to get lost ? or are the runs well marked up . going with first chioce stopping in gran chalet sorgheses anyone stayed here before .

thanks f1l
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
f1l, we got only slightly lost skiing the Sella Ronda - on the whole it is well sign posted with the clockwise ciruit signed with "Sella Ronda" in one colour, and for the anti-clockwise circuit it is signed in another colour. Whilst we were there last week there were a couple of days on which the circuit was closed due to high winds.

Have a look at agavin's report on Arabba here. I can definitely recommend the Sella Ronda, we also skied the Hidden Valley, which was excellent and would have liked to have skied the Marmolada glacier.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hoppo, am I being crazy in thinking it's possible to have a long day in which I could cover the Sella Ronda in both directions?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
f1l, The runs are very well marked, in general.

There is only one way into the ski areas direct from Campitello, which is the Cable Car that takes you up to Col Rodella. To ski any of the oter areas in the valley (worth doing IMO), you need to take the ski bus to Alba or Pozza (you can get from one to the other on skis, so may not return the same way).

If you want to do the Sella Ronda, you can do it either clockwise (Orange) or anticlockwise(green), and it is just a acse of following the appropriately coloured signs all the way around.

If you are a reasonable intermediate level skier, you won't find anything too hard in either the Col Rodella or Belvedere areas, which are the local ones. there are one or two harder runs if you go over to Selva, but still nothing much you shouldn't be able to do.

If you are on a package trip, they will probably have a day trip at some point to the Hidden Valley, and that is well worth doing.

I didn't stay in that hotel, but it is the closest one to the lift station, I walked past it every day on the way to the lift. You are literally 150 yards from the lift, and about the same from the village "centre" such as it is.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Swirly wrote:
Hoppo, am I being crazy in thinking it's possible to have a long day in which I could cover the Sella Ronda in both directions?

Probably, yes unless you ski very fast, and are lucky with queues (they are not usually bad, but you would be pushing it so would only need one hold up to be in trouble).

It normally takes 3-4 hours to complete the circuit.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Swirly, I couldn't do it! We did the clockwise circuit between 9am and 2:15pm with a 40 minute stop for lunch, but we don't ski fast - the anticlockwise circuit is slightly shorter in piste miles. On a different day we did Arabba to Selva on the anticlockwise circuit in about 1.5 hours, but then had to turn back because the circuit was closed...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hoppo, alex_heney, I suppose the next question is what are the bus links between the towns near the route I've onle been in Summer and at that time of year there would be no problem getting between say Corvara and Selva although I appreciate it could be a different matter entirely during the winter.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks all

nice to know its not far to ski lift . what about other activities in area , wife dosn,t ski . whats the hidden valley ? or is that a suprise worth the wait . i havn,t really skied europe much apart from kitz once . normally go to canada . don,t know what to expect with such a large ski area . whats apres like ? hotel is half board don,t fancy every night in hotel .
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Swirly, the road was certainly open between Selva and Corvara for taxis during the week we were there - not sure what the bus timetable is like.

f1l, the Hidden Valley is a long (and rather spectacular ski run pictures here), it's not lift connected to the Sella Ronda area. It's at the Eastern side of the Sella Ronda area, on the road to Cortina. You may be able to get a taxi / bus over to the Passo Falzarego, where you take a cable car to the start of the run. We got there by skiing over to Hotel Armantarola, from where there is a frequent ski bus service to the cable car at Passo Falzarego. From the cable car top station you take a long run down the Hidden Valley ending up a little short of Hotel Armantarola, there is a horse drawn drag back into the domain - although you can get a taxi or bus from the Capanna Alpina at the foot of the Hidden Valley. Selva etc used to be part of the South Tirol - so in many ways it's similar to Kitzbuhel - the second language in the area is German. Scenery is out of this world...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
f1l, Shots I took last year http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showgallery.php/ppuser/715/cat/500 Both some of the hidden valley, and some of the ski area around Campitello.

Swirly I think the pass between Corvara and Cortina is kept open pretty well all the time, and there is a regular bus service up to the Lagazuoi cable car (from memory, I think the signs said it was €5 by bus, or €15 by taxi, but that could well be wrong - we were on a tour operator organised trip).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
f1l wrote:
thanks all

nice to know its not far to ski lift . what about other activities in area , wife dosn,t ski . whats the hidden valley ? or is that a suprise worth the wait . i havn,t really skied europe much apart from kitz once . normally go to canada . don,t know what to expect with such a large ski area . whats apres like ? hotel is half board don,t fancy every night in hotel .

TBH, there isn't very much else to do in the area in winter. There are some walks, Canazei is a little larger than Campitello but still only a village.

There is the Eghes Wellness centre in Canazei, or the Ladin Cultural institute in Vigo di Vassa (reachable by ski bus)

Apres is quiet, although there are a few bars.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy