Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Conditions in Mayrhofen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering if there's anyone out there who's just back from Mayrhofen.....

We fly out tomorrow, and the forecast for the week looks pretty good (15cm new snow forecast for Monday), but was curious as to how things are now just in case the weatherman's got it wrong!!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
U'll have left by now but just to say i got back from Mayrhofen this morning - conditions weren't great, lots of hard granular and no powder, but still skiable. i'm really jealous that there's going to be a snowfall 2 days after we leave. Let me know if it happens.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
going to mayrhofen in a 2 weeks, hope there is some snowfall before then.

It is snowing at the moment! I've been checking the webcams. Hope it keeps falling all day, fingers crossed.

Ridha, any good places to eat? good bars? never been to mayrhofen before so any info would be useful,
cheers,
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
loffers, Mo's Bar is excellent. Good food and atmosphere - they have live music on some nights. Also, Scotland Yard Pub.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dobz, thanks for you info will check at both bars!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
loffers, if you get good weather be certain to spend a day at the Hintertux Glacier. The views are stunning, and it offers much more vertical than Mayrhofen does. Travel by bus is included in the Ziller Valley lift pass.

Can be very miserable up there in bad weather though.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Markus, sounds good and i have booked a valley lift pass, how long is the bus ride?

cheers for the info
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
slopes are looking fresh again! snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
loffers, about a 30 minute bus ride if it is not snowing on the roads. The bus is a comfortable coach and the skis go in a trailer at the back, so you can sleep first thing in the morning, and relax after the days skiing.

Another tip, the Penken gondola out of Mayrhofen is notorious for long queues, either go up early, or if you can go up the Horberg Gondola in the nearby village (5 mins) of Hippach - queues are fairly non existent there and the gondola brings you to a nicer part of of the ski area imo. There is a free bus to the horberg gondola from Mayrhofen.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks for the tips and advice markus
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just got back (a couple of hours ago) and it was fantastic.

There was a fair bit of fresh snow overnight on Sunday/Monday. and Daughter and I made fresh tracks on Red 6 on Tuesday morning in a good few inches of powder. It was quite hard packed/icy most of the week but perfectly skiable, but Tuesday and Friday were by far the best with some excellent powder to play in, although it did get very 'moguly' as the days went on.

Daughter and I didn't leave the Penken area all week, but Hubby went to Kaltenbach on Thursday and it was lovely and quiet-snow was not hard packed or moguly, it was 'just right' he says!

The Ahorn area is now closed-they struggled to keep it open for as long as they could but finally closed it yesterday, but there's still a lot of excellent skiing to be had.

The only downside was the Penken Gondola queues-we were up early every morning so beat the queue going up, but coming down can be a nightmare-we found that if you hang around until around 4:30 in the afternoon then the queue is pretty much non existant, (if you do get in the queue then keep to the left!)

Overall though a fantastic week-Resort report on it's way from our Daughter, as I figured that it would be useful to get a kids opinion (she's 12)....
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
net_masters, thanks for the report,

How did you find the Penken area?

Me and my girlfirend are off on the 17th where both boarders which can handle reds fine. Is there plenty of runs for us? Which where the best for you?

Thanks,[/b]
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi loffers,

There should be plenty for you to do yes. Shame that the Ahorn is now closed, but there's still loads to choose from-the lift pass covers all the ski areas, including the Hintertux Glacier and the ski buses, but you will probably find you don't need to stray from the Penken at all-there's plenty of red runs (red 6 was one of our regular runs) and a fair few blacks too, including the famous Hari Kari of course!

If you're feeling adventurous then head down red 3 or 5, hop on the chair lift and pay a visit to the Burton funpark too!

We went with Inghams who organised a couple of 'away days' - essentially guided skiing/boarding in another area-if you guys are happy on blacks then Hubby would highly recommend it-his group was an even mix of boarders and skiers who all agreed that it was the best days skiiing/boarding they had ever had.....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy