Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Will there be a lot of traffic in Mongenevre on Sunday?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

off to Puy Saint Vincent on Sunday (25th Feb) which means for me approaching from Turin (by car). My question is will there be a lot of traffic on the Col de Montgenèvre. Is it worth avoiding certain times of the day?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sunday is a busy day especially in the morning and late afternoon with the weekenders coming off the slopes. Might be best to try late morning or lunchtime but there is some snow forcast for the weekend so have your chains ready just in case snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

there is some snow forcast for the weekend so have your chains ready just in case

looks like the snow gods have once again arranged for disruption to a busy transfer weekend without too much net benefit for the slopes, given the warm weather forecast again for next week. When are they going to give us a break?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Linds, will warm up the chains then.

Where is the best place for an accurate weather forecast anyway.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nessy, I am off to Sauze on Tuesday so have been keeping an eye on the weather in the area via SCGB weather. Various people use different sites.
I have a friend skiing in Clavier this week and she reperts that they have had really good conditions.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nessy, just a thought to bear in mind - dunno if France has the same traditions as CH but it's Fasnacht this w/e (Wädenswil all closed on Mon) so there might just be some processions to delay you along the route. Have a good trip! (We really ought to have a Zurich snowheads beer sometime)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Linds, we've got flights booked to Turin on Wednesday and we're allegedly going to Seistriere (sp?) might bump into you? Anymore updates on weather snow conditions would be appreciated....
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
eng_ch, by and large we avoid town centres except for Montgenevre itself. I have done the journey twice before always on Sunday but previously in January.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nessy, fine, it was just a passing thought as we keep getting caught out, even locally
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
eng_ch, as long as they don't have a Gothard Tunnel Fasnacht Umzug we should be OK Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nessy, true. We got stuck one year heading to Meiringen - only one road across from Stans and it was blocked by the Fasnachtsumzug. It was a great unexpected surprise for our guests but did rather spoil the plan to ski on the first afternoon!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nessy, My friend just phoned from Clavier and it is snowing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nessy, there isn't really a problem now at Mongenevre as they have opened a by-pass (tunnel) which avoids the town. I've got photos of the important road signs to lookout for if its an unknown trip for you.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
chris, the route is much easier now you don't have to take the autoroute exit across the fast lane too!! rolling eyes .
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Linds, well I have done my chain practice.

chris, cool. I always thought the main road must spoil Montgenevre somewhat.
ski holidays
Had to get the chains out twice. Once from below Cesana until Briancon, then just to get 10M into the Mona Lisa car park (which was then cleared as soon as I parked). Fortunately the traffic guy got my chains on for me the second time in about 30 seconds/wheel.

I just read another thread about driving downhill with chains on A bit too late to save me from some thrills but we arrived in Briancon unscathed.
snow report
we drove back from Serre Chevalier towards Turin with the plan to stop on the old road overnoght but got stuck in a queue all the way from Montgenerve to Cesana so bailed on plan a and stopped in Susa 50k from Turin, we had nearly 1 1/2 queue!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy