Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Does such a place exist?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning fellow snowHead , still fairly new here, but I have a question.

This easter I am driving down to Chamonix for the first time - got various advice on a previous thread, so thanks.

To cut a very long story short, Mrs IMT and I are in the process of adopting 3 (hopefully) kids. This puts us in a potentialy very expensive situation for skiing from 2008 and on - having to buy 5 plane tickets etc. So - we will (as long as easter proves ok) no doubt be driving to the slopes much more regularly.

We tend to go with a group of around 10-15 people and we go mainly for the skiing - apres doesn't really feature too much. We will be looking ideally to rent a chalet (self catered) in an area that will suit anything from experienced skiers, through to nervous 3 weekers, to small kids on the slopes for the first time.

Any recommendations on where we should be looking? Don't want to go mad on £££, so ideally I guess around £1000( + or - a bit) for the accomodation would be good. Ski in, ski out would be a dream, but I wouldn't expect it...

As I say, apres doesn't matter at all (we can sort that between us!), important thing is the skiing and keeping the whole thing child friendly.

Any bright ideas you lovely bunch???

IMT
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Portes du Soleil sounds ideal, esp if driving. Lots of offers will no doubt come your way if you post on Chalets Direct
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Flaine sounds like a good bet as well - No chalets as such - just your standard ski station apartments snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Self-catering chalets are fairly rare, but you might find that renting a couple of large self-catering apartments in the same apartment building would suit the group that you're taking. For example, the accommodation that is being used for the snowHeads End of Season Bash offers high quality self-catering apartments for up to 8 people; a couple of apartments rented there and you would be able to accommodate your group. You might not guarantee that the apartments were next door to each other, but you would be in the same building. Some info here. The Oxalys is very pricy so this particular example might not work with your budget, but there will be other places at a more reasonable cost.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Mrs IMT and I are in the process of adopting 3 (hopefully) kids.

Does that mean they may be adults??

Good on you though, all the best.

My advice, depending on the age of the children, is check the ski school very carefully, ESF are not the most 'sensitive' teachers (in my experience anyway). Chalets Direct Solutions room is always worth a look/post once you know where you want to go. Personally I would go to a small resort...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
masmith, Cheers for the link - could be very useful. Hywel, will have a look. rob@rar, Mmm, think I may have to up the budget a bit having had a quick look about.

Cheers guys.

IMT
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
[quote="martski"]
Quote:

Mrs IMT and I are in the process of adopting 3 (hopefully) kids.

Does that mean they may be adults??

quote]

LOL, hopefully not...

I was thinking about a smaller resort too, but don't want to have too limited a ski area for those that want it..

IMT
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
we have rented an apartment in PsV for Easter week - 4*, fireplace, multiple dishwashers etc - with 4 bedrooms and 3 studio rooms (one of which will be used as a living/eating/cooking room) so sleeping 12 - for €845. Google mona lisa chalets and you should find them.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
IMT, or check here for a list of self catered chalets, some in your price bracket
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
IMT wrote:
To cut a very long story short, Mrs IMT and I are in the process of adopting 3 (hopefully) kids.

You're not Guy Ritchie & Madonna by chance?? Puzzled
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Gilbern74, LOL, with a budget like ours, I doubt it!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
On third year doing just this with three kids, we do the Tunnel and drive with stop between Dijon and Bourge en Bresse, then have had complete chalet and an apartment type chalet, this year have small chalet again. All found thru google , chalet direct , french alps chalet etc and booked with owners. One set owners lived in resort, one was investment prop with local mgmt (waste of space) company, this year property owned by UK based couple and managed locally...... will report back on trip at some point ....

..Sorted
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy