Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmet hunting West End

Poster: A snowHead
I am in the West End of London tomorrow albeit for a short time. Of the usual suspects that sell ski gear, where is best for a range of helmets?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Peter Leuzzi, Soho? Twisted Evil
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER, wondered how long it would take Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi mate,

Not sure where the best place t buy a helmet from but I did call into the Oakley shop in Covent Garden last weekend and found some FANTASTIC bargains in their 50% OFF sale. May be worth a look......
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Peter Leuzzi, I think it depends on the age of the youth and what services you invest in. In have been told a tiggy back ride and a spot of brasso rubbing can take about 15mins. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Snow and Rock and Ellis Brigham are the obvious candidates.

Unfortunately I was in both their Covent Garden area stores last Thursday and they are already fast selling out of some of the most popular models e.g. Giro G10 depending on your size. I eventually got sorted at Snow and Rock in Chertsey this week.

I would suggest that you go to one of the branches of either of the above and get them to measure your head size. That means actually putting a tape measure around your skull - I am not actually saying what my size is!

S&R are efficient in that their stores have a computerised system and they can advise you if they have the helmet that you prefer elsewhere. I don't know if EB can also do this. Obviously you would still want to try before you buy but at least you can save some legwork.

It seems the uptake on helmets has really increased this year from talking to the blokes in the shops so I suggest you get moving as quick as you can.

Good luck.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Smithy1972, thanks

SMALLZOOKEEPER, it all starts with a back rub....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I should have added that Snow and Rock and EB are the obvious candidates in response to the opening post!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
richjp, ta
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Went in. Absolutely no chance!

Any other ideas folks? I live in Herts and work nearby Liverpool Street Station.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ski47 off London Wall may have a few helmets.

My head is XXL in a Giro10 - too big for Snow & Rock even if they have what is in the brochure.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Latchigo, nice one.

I am off on Sunday and heard a disturbing story today re a bumped head. Very keen to acquire
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ski 47 - 28 Copthall Avenue.

You may have more luck in the resort. You do not need it until you are there anyway. Uvex helmets always seem reasonably priced on the continent.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Peter Leuzzi, I bought mine from here. Although an online shop he's based in Herts and I went along and tried a few on. Good prices and he has some good brands, Giro, Leedom, etc.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Latchigo, interesting how the bloody things vary. Recently I tried a giro Omen and was xxl and xl in a giro fuse.

Peter Leuzzi, If you are going to the US or Canada, wait till you get there, better ranges seem available. Suspect not in France as they are too vain to disturb ze hair.
ski holidays
I got mine in Austria the other week, because of the poor snow most models were in the sale.

Like ski boots the different brands were differing shapes and sizes....

Online try <www> they have a snowsports section and loads of helmets
snow report
Probably too late now but I bought my Giro Omen mail order from Chain Reaction Cycles in Ireland, great service, next day delivery and they seem to have huge stocks if you know what you want. Not cheap but a very nicely put together comfortable and light helmet.
snow report
Nick Dawes,

I considered a mail order option as well but I was concerned about ensuring the fit was right which can vary from one helmet to another.

I think most mail order companies will accept returns but with time running out and as I am going to a small resort with limited choice (La Grave) I went with another make and model.
snow report
richjp, I'd already tried one on a few weeks ago in Alpe D'Huez so knew it fitted but admit that for once I baulked at the price (not something I tend to do very often as my wife will agree!) actually was significantly cheaper mail order, would recommend Chain Reaction, turned up next day absolutely as advertised, no problems. Have a great time in LG, never skiied there myself but it is on the to do list (an instructor mate of mine is threatening a trip there next season) I often gaze over at La Meije from ADH!
snow report
I struggled to find a new helmet last month after damaging mine.. The places that had helmets left either didn't have my size or only had my size in the strange colours that nobody else would buy.. Eventually bought one online after trying a mates one on at local dryslope to make sure it would fit before i ordered it!

If you end up buying online www.chainreactionsnow.com are good for price and fast delivery snowHead

Check with any online shop whether they will take returns if it doesn't fit i found that some shops will not offer returns on helmets (due to hygiene and safety reasons apparently)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy