Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bootfitting in VERBIER???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Yes, another topic about bootfitting. But I know after reading maybe hundreds of topics here that the best solution for pain, and "out of standards" feet shape is a bootfitter, so in my next trip (3-10th March in Verbier) I'll visit one. I have 13dayd used boots so not going for a new ones, I need footbeds and/or stretch (I suppose that the bootfitter will decide the best option)

Can you recommend a good bootfitter in Verbier??

And How much does it cost?? (Aproximately, supposing stretching and footbeds, it's only for a prevision...)

Thanks...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AlTom, I was impressed by Surefoot in Verbier. They did a good job doing foam injected liners for me and a couple of friends have been happy with footbeds/liners they have had done. Most of the other shops in Verbier will be less keen to modify existing boots, although Ski Service and Mountain Air do do aftermarket liners. Cost of my Conformable foam liners from Surefoot was 350CHF, it would be more if you needed footbeds as well
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BGA, thanks, maybe a foam liner too much money...... Sad but I read in the websites of the shops that you posted (Surefoot and Mountain Air) that they do modifications without buying new ones, so maybe that I need.

More opinions??

And Are they always full?? so it can be a good option to make an appointment...???
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd endorse Surefoot (ask for Jessie) and Ski Service.
Mountain Air used to have a good reputaion too but Ski Service have been my default shop of choice for a long time now.

If you want touring stuff then head down to Le Chable lift station and go to Montagne Show. They are very big on that side of things.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rungsp, thanks, Now I know the top 3...... and 2 votes by surefoot Laughing Laughing

And about touring stuff, thanks, maybe we will make a visit too..
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Surefoot, did my conformables last year and I love them. I've also had regular boots from them for my wife, sister-in-law and neice. All very happy. Does that count as four votes? I reckon Jessie owes me a beer!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nick (the owner) of Mountain Air was recommended to me by a local and I have had no problems with my boots. Ditto my wife. You need to book an appointment with him. He offered to modify my wife's existing boots as a cheaper alternative but in the end she decided to get new ones.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ok, so..3 good and recommended bootfitters in Verbier (Surefoot the first recommended anyway...)

But about money Puzzled All have similar prices for the "same" things and quality??
I read in same reviews that Surefoot is good but in general overpriced (I read in the epicski forums), is it true?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Surefoot are quite expensive I would say, but then what price comfortable boots? If you go in to any of the shops, explain the problems you've got I'm sure you would get a quote for the work required. Also if it keeps snowing like it is at the moment you'll want comfy boots because you'll be skiing powder all day!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
BGA wrote:
Also if it keeps snowing like it is at the moment you'll want comfy boots because you'll be skiing powder all day!

I hope it......... I have my fats waxed, my avy equipment tested and my legs warmed up!!! snowHead Laughing Laughing Laughing Toofy Grin Toofy Grin I can't wait!!

I think that it will be the most improductive week in the office ever! Every 15min looking webcams.. Laughing wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy